Monterey conditions. (let's keep it going )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just signed up for a boat dive on Beach Hopper 2.

Right on, tomorrow will be my first dive off of the Beach Hopper 2. What day are you going?

Excellent. Does Mary Jo still have Friday discounts?

$60 without tanks, $10 for tank rental.

Touch tables at the Seymour Center in Santa Cruz are still 50F which means ocean temps are about 48F lows at the surface (Our intake piping heats the water up by the time they reach our tanks).
Usually the tables are 54F to 60F.

Moderate wind is still a daily factor here and even heavier in Monterey, so I wouldn't say that viz is going to be great until the wind dies off. After that you might have a narrow window of great viz until the upwelling comes to shore and leads to a bloom of the plankton/algae variety.

Right on, tomorrow will be my first dive off of the Beach Hopper 2. What day are you going?

I think this'll be my first dive off beach hopper 2 as well.
I'm diving Saturday morning.

Yesterday had 40+ at Monastery. Planned for two dive today, but vis completely turned around. 20 at best but most places more like 15. The further out the worse it got. Just could not be motivated for a second dive at 46 degrees...thats Monterey for you.

Viz was approximately 5' at Erik's Pinnacle today :depressed::depressed::depressed:.

Slightly better offshore from Mcabee but only on the bottom. 10-15' approximately. It was extremely cold, my cpu said 48 but it felt even colder.

Back
Top Bottom