Monterey Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RoyN:
Yes Ben, I lasted THAT long underwater. Its all thanks to the art of yoga. But don't worry, I was monitoring it alot. I stop at the safety around 500 psi at 15 ft and I saw the whole view from that point and today was just so clear! My safety stop last about 4 to 5 minutes because sometimes I miss things that float by, divers that need help, or something else. There was a HUGE school of blue fish and it was like combination of 3 to 4 schools of them gathered into one huge school and swam in perfect formation. Otherwse, yeah, I had a great time. I think part of me is still there. :wink:

Roy.

This is being said with concern for a fairly new diver and being very polite.

Arent you pushing the envelope a bit dropping your air that dangerously low bud??

150 psi Is not a good idea in my opinion!

No, I didn't push the edge into death. I leave about 600 psi left for a safety stop, and then after on the surface I would bleed the air out on the surface from my reg because I really hate having about 500 psi or more in the tank and have to pay 20 dollars for the fills and worst is, these are nitrox. So on the boat, once I put the tank down and take out the BC, I have 150 left. No I didn't lied, I just left detail part out to scare everybody here :wink: AND it worked!

I may be a new little junior, but I am mastering my buoyancy because I haven't touched my inflator valve for the past 10 dive. And unfortunately that attributes to having left over air because before then I would have to inflat or deflat and didn't know what I was doing.

RoyN:
No, I didn't push the edge into death. I leave about 600 psi left for a safety stop, and then after on the surface I would bleed the air out on the surface from my reg because I really hate having about 500 psi or more in the tank and have to pay 20 dollars for the fills and worst is, these are nitrox. So on the boat, once I put the tank down and take out the BC, I have 150 left. No I didn't lied, I just left detail part out to scare everybody here :wink: AND it worked!

I may be a new little junior, but I am mastering my buoyancy because I haven't touched my inflator valve for the past 10 dive. And unfortunately that attributes to having left over air because before then I would have to inflat or deflat and didn't know what I was doing.

Well..... that is up to you but it is also not all that good for you tank's!! You should have at least 250 psi in your tanks. up to my friend.

Jonathan,
Who were you diving with? I see doubles, black drysuit, and otter bay hood.... could be just about anyone :)

Ben

Jim Ernst:
Well..... that is up to you but it is also not all that good for you tank's!! You should have at least 250 psi in your tanks. up to my friend.

Wow! I am a friend considering we hardly talk at all! :wink:

RoyN:

Some shops will charge you a vis if you let the pressure drop down past 500.... due to inaccuracies in guages you should consider 500 = 0 to be safe. You shouldn't push your luck.... You are junior so listen to your older brothers and be safe out there okey?

Ben_ca:
Some shops will charge you a vis if you let the pressure drop down past 500.... due to inaccuracies in guages you should consider 500 = 0 to be safe. You shouldn't push your luck.... You are junior so listen to your older brothers and be safe out there okey?

Unless the guy filling the tank is having a crappy day. Just wondering, how dives have you done already?

Back
Top Bottom