Monterey trip in February

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brian Gilpin

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Diverrick:

February is almost here! Since we are planning on a weekday dive we should probably pick a date. I would be most interested in either Pt Lobos or a boat. Pt Lobos has availability most weekdays.

http://pt-lobos.parks.state.ca.us/scuba/Calender.html

I took this public in case anyone else wants to go. Thinking of the second half of February. Maybe go down the night before.

What do you think?

I'm in for a Thursday or Friday dive. I would need to drive down in early AM and back after, as I am saving for the dive trip to Roatan in March. Anyone care to come along on either trip I am open. The place in Roatan is called Bay Island Beach Resort, and last I heard, they still had a few rooms still open. I am saving for all those SOl beers I am going to slurp up on the beach afterwards.

Chuck Tribolet:
This time of year, you gotta have a back-up plan for Monterey. You can
check the sea conditions forecast at http://www.garlic.com/~triblet/swell/wamglance.html.

Chuck

Chuck

A backup plan is always a good idea for Monterey. I am familiar with your great site and use it whenever I am headed that way. Any ideas for a backup?

Chuck's standard Mon-Fri backup plan: Go to work.
Fortunately, my boss is VERY flexible about this kind of
thing. If I say I'm going diving, and show up for work,
no problem. And I know when work is such that I can
just not show up and take a day to go diving.

Chuck's standard Sat-Sun backup plan: Do yardwork.
Last winter was cool -- the storms all came in midweek,
so you could hide a battalion of bad guys in my yard.
There's lots of pruning to do.

Other backup plans: Go to the aquarium, go to big sur,
sleep in.

Chuck Tribolet:
Chuck's standard Mon-Fri backup plan: Go to work.
Fortunately, my boss is VERY flexible about this kind of
thing. If I say I'm going diving, and show up for work,
no problem. And I know when work is such that I can
just not show up and take a day to go diving.

Sounds like a plan to me! Why dont we do the first good Th or Fr after the ninth of February. We can watch Chuck's site and decide a couple of days before.

Diverrick: Can you be this flexible? If you are saving for Roatan lets do Pt Lobos instead of the boat. Keep me posted.

I know weekdays are tough for most but if anyone is free let us know.

Brian Gilpin:
Sounds like a plan to me! Why dont we do the first good Th or Fr after the ninth of February. We can watch Chuck's site and decide a couple of days before.

Diverrick: Can you be this flexible? If you are saving for Roatan lets do Pt Lobos instead of the boat. Keep me posted.

I know weekdays are tough for most but if anyone is free let us know.

If anyone decides on a weekend, count me in. I'm in Monterey two to three weekends most months...

Yes after the ninth works for me, as I just had to trade the 6th working so i could get one extra day off in Roatan. Shore dive works for me. Only time I got to dive point lobos, it was a call on the dive from my partner, so I have never dove there yet. got wet though, but didn't dive. Had to clean all that gear for nothing that trip!

I'd come down for a few dives if any of you wanted to dive on the weekends. Drop me a line if you ever need a buddy.

melfox26@yahoo.com

Mel
PADI Rescue Diver/Nitrox

What say we plan on Friday the 13th of Feb. That way hopefully some folks with weekends off, can sqeeze in an extra day and come with us. So far I think it is only us two Brian.
We can call it on Wednesday or Thursday, if it doesn't look good. anyone who is interested please post here so we can get together, we'll set the time to meet, later if this date works out.

Back
Top Bottom