More Western PA - Conneaut Lake and Lake Erie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TTwizted13 - Hey bud glad the dives went ok. Bad vis always a bummer but maybe a different spot or different time of day.

Don't take this the wrong way but:

Please try to remember though, NOT a good idea to be diving alone :no: Especially with the relatively low amount of dives you have done. Not that with more dives you should be doing it alone. If you ARE going at it alone, or like to dive that way, please take the specialty classes and get trained properly so you can manage a situation should something come up unplanned.

There are ALOT of buddies you can find, especially here (as you have noticed), that would be willing to go with you.

There have been ALOT of accidents and incidents lately where divers have been injured and even killed. Most of them potentially could have been avoided.

I'm not saying you were unsafe, or trying to give you a hard time at all, trust me, I'm just trying to avoid reading about another tragedy.

And just a suggestion; if you are going to dive the lake a bunch, and there is not ALOT of sea life to see, maybe take a "Search and Recovery" specialty course and comb it for treasures. You are already up a set of keys :D

Have fun diving.

USVet

i understand the concern, hence why i aborted the dive. i know my limits, im not trying to push them or go over just for the sake of exploring unmanned territory.

safety's one of my big concerns when it comes to diving, theres alot that can go wrong underwater. i also dive with 40cf pony so i got plenty of spare air for those shallow depths.

but as of now, im in the midst of finishing up my rescue diving certification, then with that completed planing on going for my dry suit certification and search and recovery certification.

all on the long road to dive master and eventually instructor.

but as stated previously, im always looking for local dive buddies :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom