Morehead City / Camp Lejeune / Jacksonville - June 24-27 (mid-week)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yea andrea jacked it up pretty good. Seas were up to 15. If we get light winds and small seas, it'll clean up pretty quick

last week conditions were 70's with 60-70'viz....

i dove with bc, rash guard and shorts (booties and gloves, but no suit)

So, now I know who you are. :rofl3:

I was the opposite - the one in the drysuit (was expecting colder water)

:cheers:

It was 4 - 6' today blowin out of the SW 20-25kt. And its supposed to get nasty again later in the week. I hope it lays down for ya

PC, you will be about equidistant from both Morehead and Wilmington from Lejeune. Probably wont be any practical difference in your travel time going through the base like the rest of us poor sots cant anymore. So you could easily do both from where you are staying.

You, being of northern persuasion, will boil on deck if you are in a dry suit. Keep in mind that topside temps have already gotten into the 90s here.

In terms of conditions, expect anything. There have been both amazingly good conditions, some days the boats didn't go out, and some days that made for a lot of green divers, all in the past two weeks. That is how we roll.

Vis was good on the Aelous today, they had 40 - 50ft. Which is kind of surprising, seeing how crappy its been all week.

Last edited:
yep...
i remember you..

I have a 5 mil suit, but the guy i was taking my class with (who they assigned as my buddy) left his weights and mask in his car.

I let him use some of my weights and he borrowed the rest, so i would have been under weighted for the suit..

I hate wet suits so i try and dive without them when possible..

glad to hear conditions have improved.

I am trying to get out to the jetties this afternoon in my boat to try and spear some fish

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom