morning departure time question...

morning 2 dive departure time... 8am or 10am

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last week in Cozumel we had 9 am dives. Perfect time! However since 9 am is not an option with this survey, I would have to go with 10 am. Last thing I want to do on vacation is wake up to my alarm clock and rush getting ready. I enjoy taking in my coffee, light breakfast and start out slow. I also think the light is better with the later dives and I enjoy the warmer topside as well.

Last edited:
I am up at the crack of dawn every morning and raring to go diving by 8AM. YMMV.

I'm an afternoon diver.....less folks and I like to enjoy my mornings and a nice slow breakfast....I would assume 10:00 am would be just as nice.

Yep. Breakfast, couple cups of coffee, dip in the pool, and stroll down to the dive shop, visit for a few minutes ---- ah, vacation.

Last week in Cozumel we had 9 am dives. Perfect time! However since 9 am is not an option with this survey, I would have to go with 10 am. Last thing I want to do on vacation is wake up to my alarm clock and rush getting ready. I enjoy taking in my coffee, light breakfast and start out slow. I also think the light is better with the later dives and I enjoy the warmer topside as well.

Good light, warmer si, and far, far fewer humans.

To those who get up early ---- sometimes it's a dna thing. I can not shake the cobwebs out until I've been up for at least an hour ---- after going to bed sober, and getting a good 8 hours. There have been periods of my life when I envy those who bound out of bed, happy and rarin' to go.

I am up at the crack of dawn every morning and raring to go diving by 8AM. YMMV.
I have to agree, sleeping in is about 5AM. If I ever get the redneck 401K (the lottery) I would get my own boat and be rolling into the water in the half light before dawn. After a nice siesta my afternoon set would end about a half hour after sunset.

I'm not a morning person by any means, and if this were a non-diving vacation I'd sip coffee and watch the waves all morning. But as it is a diving vacation, we set the alarm for 5:45, crawl out of bed shortly thereafter, have enough coffee to get us going, gather our gear, and are waiting down at the dock at 7:30. I wish I were one of those people who can jump out of bed 15 minutes before the boat leaves and be ready to go, but I need time in the morning. So I set the alarm early and suck it up. When we return from our 2-tanker, we have the rest of the day to do whatever we want. Unless it's one of those days when a night dive is scheduled.

5:45, yikes! As a NY'er, I'm just getting to bed around then :)

I would choose the six am boat. If it's a diving vacation, all I want to do is dive. Two tanker in the am, a drop off dive back to shore, an afternoon boat dive or shore dive (or two!?), a night dive, hopefully. Or an early morning shore dive then an 8 boat dive.

Ill sleep and eat when I get home from vacation, I dont have time for that while on holiday.

:wink:

What Lorenziod said. Love to sleep in but that doesn't happen. We get up early, clean up, eat and gather gear and head to the dock. We go for a long enough stretch where we can take a day off here and then to sleep in and go try some lunch spots.

Well I guess I am in the minority here. When on vacation I wake up about an hour before sunrise, make a good cup of joe and head out for a morning swim or kayak to watch the sun rise. Then breakfast and off to the dive shop before 0700. 2 tank am dive (earlier the better), lunch with a cervaza or two and the afternoon siesta........

Gloucester MA, sorry, I caught that this was a thread on choosing dive times, but not that it was in a Cozumel thread.

Ah! No te preocupes, chica! C'mon down and check it out. No harbor seals, but lots of warm, clear water and friendly people.

I've made the same mistake. Ended up on a lovely sunset sail as a result. :giggle:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom