Morrison Springs Dive Report 9-17-10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fantastic photos and great write up! Now, more than ever, I'm determined to make it to Morrison when my buddy and I travel to Florida in two weeks. I do have some specific questions, but I don't wish to hijack the thread. If you don't mind me asking, here goes...
I've looked up Morrison on the net, but still haven't found specifics about access, procedures, regulations, etc... Can two total strangers to the area dive Morrison without embarassing ourselves, stay safe, and have a good time? Neither of us are cave certified. It appears that there's enough to see and hold our interest without venturing into an overhead enviroment, but I'd love to have your perspectives.
Anything you can provide would be GREATLY appreciated. If you would like (and to keep from hijacking the thread) feel free to PM me.

Much obliged!
Bill

The Spring is run by the county! It is free to enter daylight til dark! Get there early for the best vis !!! You can either walk in ,or step off the dock. There is a large basin to explore with two caverns to explore if your overhead certified !! Average depth is @ 10 ft at current levels, with a max @ 40ft without entering the cavern!! As you can see from the pics, it is a beautiful dive, if you are the first ones in!!!

Thanks Denise....it is hard to take a bad picture at Morrison when the water is clear.

This was my first dive since taking my DCS hit in the Galapagos Islands 2 1/2 months ago. It was great being back in the water. Took a whole dive to get my sidemount gear dialed back in. I got to Morrison about 30 minutes before anyone else arrived. There is just something nice about being at Morrison early morning before anyone arrives. We hit the water for our first dive before the classes arrived. I didn't take any pictures in the basin during our second dive. The water was way to stirred up by then. When we came out of the cavern on our second dive, dirt, sand, and mung was pouring down towards the cavern entrance.

Morrison is a great dive, but as always get there early.

Thanks for the report and pics!

So glad that Denisa and Glen are getting back into the swing of things (just in time for VortoberFest too!)

You know I will be ready for Vortoberfest!! It is a given!! :wink:

Really glad to see the 2 of you back in the water

You just don't know how much it can mean to you, especially when I spent the whole summer wondering if it would happen again...

Oh yeah, we forgot to mention that the post-dive debriefing took place at Sally's! Hamburger Steak, Gravy, Onions, Sour Cream and Chives Fries, and Hush Puppies, with Sweet Tea! A perfect end to the day!

Absolutely!! A perfect day!

Great to see you guys had a couple of great dives! Excellent photos, Glen!! Let me know when you plan a trip to JB.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom