Morrison Springs Friday 9/15/06 07:00

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn:
Even with a 7AM meet time, you would have to rent the night before to be honest. If we can meet at 6:30-6:45, I'd feel better about making my first job ontime(10AM). It'll mean that I have to leave here, at latest, by 5AM - ick! I'll do it if I can get a dive in though!
Biggest problem will be if County Mountie will have the gate open or will we need to get a tongue lashing for taking the bypass. I'm going to give GLENFWB a call shortly, I'll let you know what we're up to.

Just got off the phone - we are going to meet at the house here at 05:30 and try to be at Morrison between 06:30 and 06:45. I guess that means set your alarm :D.

SeaYoda - whoohoo! :D

Port Tack:
How far is Morrison's from Daphne, AL? Thanks

Mike

10 min South and East of Exit 96 off I-10 in FL. In a typical vehicle, ~1.5 hours. In my Bronco ~2 hours, but I'll be in the workvan this time around :D If you're interested in getting up in the uber-early morn, we can meet at 5AM at the Loxley exit.

I would love to do the dive but that is just too early. I just finished 5 ten hour work days where I had to get up at 4 every morning. A little more sleep the next couple of nights is needed. Hope you guys enjoy your dive.

Mike

Port Tack:
I would love to do the dive but that is just too early. I just finished 5 ten hour work days where I had to get up at 4 every morning. A little more sleep the next couple of nights is needed. Hope you guys enjoy your dive.

Mike

We'll be diving there more in the next few months - join us when you catch up on some sleep.

SeaYoda:
We'll be diving there more in the next few months - join us when you catch up on some sleep.

I’m just a little carious just how late in the season do you all dive over there in the springs before the cold air keeps you from it?

Actually, the cold drives us into the springs... Gulf drops into the 50s in the dead of winter, the springs stay 68F here.

Sure, ambient temp is the same(or close) regardless of spring or gulf location, but going from 68F water to 40F air is better than going from 57F water to 40F air :wink:

SuPrBuGmAn:
Actually, the cold drives us into the springs... Gulf drops into the 50s in the dead of winter, the springs stay 68F here.

Sure, ambient temp is the same(or close) regardless of spring or gulf location, but going from 68F water to 40F air is better than going from 57F water to 40F air :wink:

I can certainly understand your reasoning Bugman, Its I’ve never given it much thought to diving in the dead of winter unless I would make a road trip to Crystal river for the Manatees or further south. I guess I’m just getting old now days

SeaYoda:
Just got off the phone - we are going to meet at the house here at 05:30 and try to be at Morrison between 06:30 and 06:45. I guess that means set your alarm :D.

Man, and I thought fishing and hunting as a hobby had me getting up early! But, that's okay...I am excited to dive so the earlier the better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom