Morrison, Vortex, and Cypress Spring Reports from 10-14 & 10-15-6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn:
... Expect a thread procluding Vortoberfest III(always held in October), to be created in March-ish - LOL. ...
Do you think Mike will wait that long to start a thread? :rofl3:

Yeah you're right... Should be any day now :) Maybe, he'll make it this time around :D

I have wonderd for years of the origin of the break structure at the end of Vortex's cavern. Anyone know?

SuPrBuGmAn:
After running up to Vortex on Saturday morning ... This time we were diving at Vortex. The water was good and cloudy and we explored the cavern and the basin. Rick took Moonie to the cave gate for some photos. I hit a max depth of 54' for a short dive of 34 minutes. We saw the typical Vortex fauna including bream, bass, goldfish, carp, eels, ect.

After camping out at Vortex Saturday night...
After years of hearing about Vortex, I got to dive it the Friday before you all met up there. (I snuck away from a conference in PC to explore Vortex). Interesting possibilities, but I thought it was weird. Actually took me a few minutes to find the shaft that descends past the carpet tunnels, intake pipes, etc... I turned at the usual cavedeath warning sign, and registered 54'. I suppose I'd dive there again to see if I missed something, but - well - weird was my overall impression. Nice general area tho... I wondered about the camping. Is it possibile to get some sleep there or is it too rowdy to snooze?

I typically bring a 6 pack with me when I camp. Down a couple to numb the senses enough in order to sleep despite the massive hoards of rednecks.

You really should have taken the time to dive Morrison instead, especially on a Friday.

SuPrBuGmAn:
You really should have taken the time to dive Morrison instead, especially on a Friday.
Does Morrison have easy access? My old DeLoach book makes me think it might actually be easy to get to.

Easy access? Drive in, park, dive. Couldn't be easier.

I guess it could be easier if someone literally lifted you in and out your gear and drop you in the water. :D

Morrison is great - totally easy!

SuPrBuGmAn:
I guess it could be easier if someone literally lifted you in and out your gear and drop you in the water.
Hey - I like it!!

I'll add Morrison to my list. Thanks.

You could actually drive your car straight into the water at Morrison.

Without looking at the Ned DeLoach book, it might still have it referenced as being run as a private dive operation. (or at least it did in the older editions). It was sold to the state a year or two back and the state allows the county to run it as a county park. Admission is free now. But the county is about to make some changes/improvements. Most of it won't affect divers except they might not be able to park at the waterline anymore and hopefully theree will be a seperate boat launch.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom