Mounting a BTS twinset steel tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403370651.276727.jpg

They do exist! :)

Think this was from Grade A Rebreather product Facebook pages

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is twin 180° DIR valves?

what do you think is best to dive with, if you do not think on worst case scenarios with one of the tanks exploting etc. just a normal dive, what do you prefer?

well it is out of topic , but ok .....

I started diving with group of GUE divers . Point is that equipment is in some way standardized also for recreational diver

https://www.globalunderwaterexplorers.org/equipment/evolution or better Frogkick.nl - De Online Gids voor DIR Duiken - Doing It Right Duiken

I was suggested to buy and put double valve on single tank to use double 1'st stages for so called '' valve drill'' . It looks so:

UTD ESSENTIALS: Valve Drill ( V Drill ) - YouTube. It is very simple to reach all valves and do procedure .

With single valve it looks so Single tank valve drill midwater - Discovery Divers Tokyo - YouTube actualy you just need to touch valve by new rules BUT:

- in that case tank is low profile ( big profile tank departs range of valves from your hands )

- and instructor may lower your tank for you to get more horizontal position AND THEN PROBLEMS STARTS because valves are very hard to reach

- double valves with double 1'st stages made top of tank heavy and wants to sink down ( what even more complicate position if you must swim

back with back kick ( in that moment you can be easily turned on head at the moment of inattention )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Later on I learned not only that the double valve is not required, it is not desirable DIR-diver.com - Singles, H-valves or doubles? )

with doubles is simple because tanks are low profile SIDE (between the shoulder blades ) 171mm/2 with 12lit instead of 205mm/2 like big 18 lit

on THE TOP of BACKPLATE( in the middle of the spinal column ) if you can imagine yourself profile of backplate

Backplate Template.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So i give you few hints try to read anything on this topic and accept wise decision ;-)

good luck

PS take care also on there shows difference

http://henrik.synth.no/scuba/tanks.html or http://www.subaqua.co.uk/cylinder-buoyancy.php?units=metric

1x20l steel tank or 2x8,5l steel tank, when we think of a normal scenario?

It's just hard for me to buy a twinset when I can buy some way cheaper single tanks.

Is there any advantages/disadvantages of diving with a single 20l steel tank?

How about when I dive, will I be able to feel a difference?

I have never seen a 20l tank before so is it a lot bigger than 12l in diameter?

if we think on that the equipment is fully functional, is there then a huge advantage I using twinsets?

you have between also 15lit/232 bar and 18 lit /232 bar. For shallow coast dives and single 15lit/232 bar is ideal ( adriatic sea + neoprene 5mm +5mm suit )

BUT

tanks depends on your profile of diving , SAC, temp , workload , team,......

If you had that and wanted to dive it.. I guess you could rig some rope up on it like you would with a stage or sidemount bottle. Then you might be able to tie it to the bcd. Seems like that would be a huge pain in the butt and possibly dangerous.

You can't do that with manifolded twins, the manifold will break if you don't have them securely mated i.e. with tank bands

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom