Mounting knife to bc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cableman

Reaction score
Hello All,
I just got an Oceanic Pro Tour and a Blue Tang Knife. The problem is, that I can't figure a way to mount it to the bc. Is there any suggestions out there. I can't see a way to mount it on my shoulder strap. Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

My knife is mounted to a grommett on the left side just above the cummerbundt. /Zip tied in place at the base of the shoulder strap to a hole in the bottom of the sheath and adjacent to the weight ripcord.

Don

I did basically the same thing with mine on my zeagle escape. Only I zip tied it on the right side so I wouldn't accidentally grab the ripcord instead of the knife...I would hope I would notice but you never know. So far so good, its out of the way and I can tuck the 'overlength' cumberbund straps underneath the knife sheath.

Good Luck

cableman once bubbled...
Hello All,
I just got an Oceanic Pro Tour and a Blue Tang Knife. The problem is, that I can't figure a way to mount it to the bc. Is there any suggestions out there. I can't see a way to mount it on my shoulder strap. Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Mine is mounted using zip ties to my LP inflator hose (the one coming from the 1st stage).

Sean

Cableman,

Here's my knife attachment to a Zeagle. The picture is upside down. Just the base of the sheath is attached to the bc.
don

Back
Top Bottom