Mouthpiece-TMJ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oceanic used to make a moldable mouthpiece that was small and worked great. Mine are starting to die. So, I tried the SeaCure as a replacement. They work but not nearly as well. I find them huge but they do allow you to close your jaw, alleviating the fatigue or TMJ issues.

I second the SeaCure - it has made a real difference in comfort for me.

I also have to add a vote for the SeaCure mouthpiece.. I also have TMJ and it has worked wonders.. also check your hose length on your reg hose.. mine was a bit long and was pushing my reg to my left so i had to clamp down on my reg to hold it in my mouth. Good luck.
Thomas

Gotta love my Comfo-bite. Have TMJ also, the way the mouthpiece captures the back of my incisors allows me to retain the reg in my mouth with just my lips.

Comfo-bite here as well, all you have to do is "hang" it from your teeth and off you go.

SteveDiver:
Can anyone suggest a mouthpiece that would be good for someone with TMJ. My jaw locks up on me after diving from holding my reg.... It takes several hours for me to be able to open my jaw after diving...

I have the exact same problem, the Seacure mouthpiece works great for me. Before I got the seacure I could barely open my mouth after diving to eat or drink anything, now I have no problem.

Aqualung has a mouthpiece I find really comfortable. I even put one on my Oceanic regulator. It is called COMFO-BITE. Different manufactures have different size connection points for mouthpieces. Check them out it would be a small investment that may help. Good luck!

if its really that bad maybe you should invest in a full face with the biult in reg

I've had the same issues and use SeaCure and love them. I do need to trim them as they are large for me but all-in-all best fit for me!

Back
Top Bottom