Movie: Open Water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avic7

Contributor
Reaction score
Man, what a "interesting movie" I just finished watching Open Waters and I just hope that when I sign up for a boat dive, I hope the company is good at keeping track of its customers.

What I liked about the movie was how the couple was so supportive of each other throughout the entire time, even though they did fight but that was to relieve the tension. If they had survived they would have had an even more understanding marriage.

As for the guy that ran the boat... shouldn't he have done the head count while people were still sitting down, and not while people were moving all over the place getting thier gears on? AND shouldn't he have cleaned up the boat, but away the gear instead of leaving it till the next day?

What did you guys think of the movie?

Drop the "s." It's Open Water. There are already several threads about this movie, if you're interested in reading them.

Avic7:
What I liked about the movie was how the couple was so supportive of each other throughout the entire time, even though they did fight but that was to relieve the tension. If they had survived they would have had an even more understanding marriage.

You are kidding?

Avic7:
As for the guy that ran the boat... shouldn't he have done the head count while people were still sitting down, and not while people were moving all over the place getting thier gears on?

No. Head counts are always a bad idea. A properly conducted roll call is the only way to make sure you have everyone, if the boat has more than 6 passengers.

Avic7:
AND shouldn't he have cleaned up the boat, but away the gear instead of leaving it till the next day?

Yes.

Avic7:
What did you guys think of the movie?

Poorly written, poorly acted, poorly directed, poorly researched, poorly edited.

The movie sucked plain and simple. I went with a bunch of my divemaster buddies and we all walked out thinking we just wasted $10 and 2 hours.

You might be able to demand a refund, but you'll never get those two hours back.

bcsean:
The movie sucked plain and simple. I went with a bunch of my divemaster buddies and we all walked out thinking we just wasted $10 and 2 hours.

Well, I figure I used their establishment so I'm willing to pay, but I made sure that none of my friends after that went to see it. It's not even worth renting.

It seemed to be getting decent reviews, was based on diving... Wasn't sure how they'd pull 2 hours of people floating in the ocean and make it intersting. They didn't.

ANd yeah, those 2 hours are gone, forever. :(

The movie sucked.

Joe

I finally got around to seeing it on pay-per-view and I wish I hadn't bothered ordering it.

Walter:
Poorly written, poorly acted, poorly directed, poorly researched, poorly edited.
That is the polite way to put it!
Saw it on the plane on the way to diving in Hawaii. I should have just looked out the window. Wait it was dark out and we were over the Pacific.
Nah still would have been better looking out the window.....

Squid:
I finally got around to seeing it on pay-per-view and I wish I hadn't bothered ordering it.

I watched part of it on pay per view also. From the sounds of it, I was pretty lucky that I fell asleep and missed almost the entire movie.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom