Moving to Dallas! In a year. Any diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keep the dry suit. You'll be able to dive year round. One of these days I'll get one and do the same.

Uh-huh...I keep hearing that, but I'm not seeing any action. LOL. :wink:

Guess I shouldn't sell my drysuit then, huh?

Yeap. I've been in Lake Murray when it was 44F in Jan and CSSP when it was 48F, also Jan. Dec-Mar or even April is definitely dry suit time, unless you happen to be a dry suit snob, like me....lol....then any dive is game for dry diving. :)

I'll sell you mine... Are you 6'4?

Wow... you're a big'un....

I'd hang onto it for a while longer... I know there are a few die hards that dive in the winter around here but I'm not one of them.

Jim

You'll be perfectly at home here with the low Viz. Like the previous poster mentioned, this is Texas and it gets HOT in the summer. You won't need much of a wetsuit in the summer (I wear a shorty that I can get off and on quickly) when water temps can be in the upper 80's until you hit the thermocline with over 100 on land.

I've never been to Valhalla but I've heard it's cool. From what I've heard you have to transport your gear quite a distance down stairs to the water but once you're there it's neat. Of course then you've got to carry stuff back up.

There are several dive shops in the Dallas / Ft. Worth area (I'm actually south of Ft. Worth). Of course ScubaToys in the NW Dallas area (a veritable candy store) for divers.

Send me a PM when you get here and maybe we can get together for a dive trip to Clear Springs.

Jim
Guys, count me in. I moved from DC recently and desperately need to wet my gills!!! :)

---------- Post added July 1st, 2014 at 11:11 AM ----------

Hi all,

I moved to Dallas from DC a few month ago and don't know much about diving around here. So.. need a buddy to discover the area! :) if someone is planning a trip, please let me know. I am open for pretty much any water conditions, and ready to drive within 2-3h for a day trip, and up to 5h for overnight.

Val

Wow... you're a big'un....

I'd hang onto it for a while longer... I know there are a few die hards that dive in the winter around here but I'm not one of them.

Jim

Ahh Haa! A new goal for this winter. Get Jim to go diving during the next ice storm!

Joe - -

Ice storm? But it's Texas...

Yep.. Ice.... That's what we get in North Texas... Not much snow but ice. Wait until you try to drive to work with 1/2" to 1" of ice covering the roads. On the other hand (scuba content), if you can get to the lake, you won't have to chop through the ice to get wet. There shouldn't be any problems using that dry suit you're bringing along from Rhode Island.

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom