Moving to Dallas! In a year. Any diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now this is disappointing. Not one TV show that takes place in Texas mentions ice. I'm pretty sure all they talk about is the heat.

Granted, an inch of ice is like a frost up here...

Now this is disappointing. Not one TV show that takes place in Texas mentions ice. I'm pretty sure all they talk about is the heat.

Granted, an inch of ice is like a frost up here...

I lived in Newport (Middletown to be exact) for a year. I remember quite a bit of snow but don't remember a whole lot of ice.

Last year was a pretty bad year so maybe you'll be lucky next year. Of course you can get a big 4x4 pickup like a lot of guys have here and you won't have too many problems getting going in the ice. Stopping however.....

On the bright side, you won't have to worry about that for a while. The weather should stay pleasant (between 95 and 100) until the middle of September.

Jim

I lived in Newport (Middletown to be exact) ...... Of course you can get a big 4x4 pickup like a lot of guys have here

So I'm sure you did your fair share of diving at Ft. Wetherill, right?

And 4x4.....how about a Subaru? I'm sure I'll fit right in.

So I'm sure you did your fair share of diving at Ft. Wetherill, right?

And 4x4.....how about a Subaru? I'm sure I'll fit right in.

Ahhhh.. Nope. Was a uncertified teen at the time... Many years ago.

The Subaru will do great navigating the roads... Not stylish (ie. not a pickup) but very functional. Personally, my primary drives are a front wheel drive Ford and a motorcycle. The Diesel pickup, I use for towing stuff and diving (I like gearing up from the tailgate).

Jim

Greetings. Thanks for asking this question krame. I'm actually working in Dallas right now but I fly home for the weekends. At the end of July I'm going to stay in Dallas and head out to Crystal Springs Scuba Park (CSSP). I have been slowly bringing my gear down each weekend. I'm bringing my wetsuit and fins this weekend then I'll have all my gear (except tanks and weights) in Dallas.

Just drove across Texas...I think its a great place. Nice people..good food and cheap gas. I dove Balmorhea which was very cool and worth including in any trips to that West Texas area...which has Marfa, nearby Carlsbad caverns..Alpine...a days drive from Dallas though. Seemed everybody drives huge pick up trucks ...dwarfed my Corolla. Texas is convenient to flying the Carribean..esp Cozumel. Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom