Moving to Kauai!!! Let's go diving.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dflybldr

Reaction score
I am relocating to Kauai at the end of January and packed all my gear last nite. I have only made one dive off the Sheraton at Poipu in November 09 and really know nothing else about diving off Kauai (or the other islands for that matter). I have just over 50 dives and have all my own equipment. What kind of dives can I look forward to, shore, boat ...

I just found out how expensive it is to get my 21ft center console over there, so that will have to wait a while.

Thanks in advance for any responses and am excited about warm water for a change.

Well, you are coming at a very good time. The Humpback Whales are in full force here right now and putting on some pretty amazing displays for residents and visitors alike. You'll find the shore diving much more limiting than the other islands but very enjoyable. Essentially there are 3 different locations that are used (one each on the north, east, and south). As you become more experienced you'll be able to branch out to a couple more. The water is about 72 right now which is about as cold as it ever gets. It's about an 8 degree drop from summer temps.

The boat diving is great and offers over 30 sites on the south shore. You'll find that 95% of the diving here on Kauai is off of the south side. Tunnels beach and Ahukini (shore dives) are two exceptions. The other exceptions would include the very best Kauai has to offer which includes Niihau and Lehua.

Good luck with the move. Let me know if I can help with any additional info!

Aloha

dflybldr, I'm coming out to Kauai this and next week, if you want to hook up for a shore dive I'm looking for a partner.

You are always welcome to tag on any of our certified dives...just let me know when you want to go. :wink:

Hi Leo.

Welcome to Kauai. It's Sunday the 14 and my son and I will be checking out the shore dive at Koloa Landing. He is here till the 22nd, so our last day to dive will be next sat the 20th.

Let me know if you want to meet up and dive.

Back
Top Bottom