Moving to North Alabama

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Springfest is at Vortex the weekend of April 19th-20th - a great opportunity to meet area divers...
And keep a regular eye on the DDD upcoming events thread.
:D
Rick

Welcome back to Alabama, Sara! Let me know when you decide to head south to the Florida panhandle. The waters in the springs are a little warmer than what you'll find at ABWA right now. And if you're the right size, we may have a wet suit you can borrow for your dives. BTW, where in Texas are you? My wife is from the DFW area.

I'm in Fort Worth. I moved to Texas in August of '96 to go to Southwestern Baptist Seminary and I've been here ever since. I lived in Tallahassee for 5 years before moving to Texas; unfortunately I didn't start diving while I lived there but I do plan to make some visits to the Florida Panhandle and will plan on looking you up when I head that way to dive.

I'll have to put that on my tentative schedule. Vortex is in the Florida panhandle right? (I haven't clicked on your link yet so it might have said there.) Thanks for the info.
Ponce de Leon; about 40 minutes north of Panama City, about a 4 hour drive from B'ham.
Rick

Sara, don't forget to stop at the RestArea and register your alliance with Auburn as you cross the state line!

-Mike

Sara, don't forget to stop at the RestArea and register your alliance with Auburn as you cross the state line!

-Mike

My parents registered my Auburn alliance at my birth if not conception--I didn't know there would be a need to re-register just because I haven't lived in Alabama since 1991. All these people in Texas know where my allegiance lies. There is an Auburn sticker on my car and once I get to Alabama, I can get an Auburn license plate as well.:)

My parents registered my Auburn alliance at my birth if not conception--I didn't know there would be a need to re-register just because I haven't lived in Alabama since 1991. All these people in Texas know where my allegiance lies. There is an Auburn sticker on my car and once I get to Alabama, I can get an Auburn license plate as well.:)
Well.....
Glad that little detail is taken care of :)

War Eagle!!!

Rick (AU '70)

Welcome home!!

Welcome back! Hopefully the rest of us'll get to meet you at Vortex in the spring! I'm about 45 minutes north of B'ham, so let me know if you ever need a dive buddy and if I can, I'm in. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom