MR42 Regulator Discontinued?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BayBoater

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I noticed that the MR42 regulator is no longer listed on the Mares or other retail web sites. Has this been discontinued? And, if yes, why, or has it been replaced with a new model? I don't have a local Mares LDS or I would have asked them.

The MR42 has been discontinued. Mares is streamlining the first stage line, and the MR22 is very similar in features to the MR42. There were no problems with the unit, but it did use a unique HP valve assembly. The remaining diaphragm designs all use the same HP valve parts.

Parts will be available for a long time. I actually own the MR42's predecessor, the V42. It utilized the SCS system (Spherical Core Seal). It is an excellent regulator, especially paired with the Proton Metal second stage.

Greg Barlow

I hope they have parts for a long time, I just made a doubles set out of mr42's and had them made into DIN...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom