Status of Apeks Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LanceRiley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi. As we all know Apeks has been brought out. But surprisingly they are still churning out new products like the limited edition 50yrs regulator and the Apeks RK4 Fins

so... Are we suppose to let go of our regulators? what about their overhaul kits?

Anyone can poilnt out where to get their overhaul kits incase apeks wont supply them anymore.? i have several sets of single tank diving, doubles and stage regulators. approx totals to about 8 sets. too hassle to replace all of them.

Hi. As we all know Apeks has been brought out. But surprisingly they are still churning out new products like the limited edition 50yrs regulator and the Apeks RK4 Fins

so... Are we suppose to let go of our regulators? what about their overhaul kits?

Anyone can poilnt out where to get their overhaul kits incase apeks wont supply them anymore.? i have several sets of single tank diving, doubles and stage regulators. approx totals to about 8 sets. too hassle to replace all of them.

Apeks was bought by Aqua Lung years ago. Are you referring to AL being bought by the private equity firm (I forget the name)?

Dive Gear Express sells Apeks service kits currently.

CORRECTION: I thought DGX carried parts kits but don’t see them currently on the website.

Apeks was bought by Aqua Lung years ago. Are you referring to AL being bought by the private equity firm (I forget the name)?

Dive Gear Express sells Apeks service kits currently.

yes i understand Apeks was bought by Aqua Lung. But yes Aqualung has been bought... so.... in the future we will still have apeks regulators and their parts? i love my xtx200 or xtx50 regulators.

yes i understand Apeks was bought by Aqua Lung. But yes Aqualung has been bought... so.... in the future we will still have apeks regulators and their parts? i love my xtx200 or xtx50 regulators.
Your guess is as good as ours, but I doubt service kits will become an issue. I’m not an Apeks fan but do own 4 AL regs. So far I’ve seen no issue getting them serviced.

I was worried as well but I was thinking they are a lot of apeks users especially for regs so I hope. Even in worst case scenario they will be aftermarket service kit available

You can get kits from me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom