Mrs cdivers 1st attempt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina:
Looks like texture of coral. Very nice - she has a good eye for beyond the usual...that is a great thing, I think!

I'd say Santa-man needs to check out a nice digital and housing for under the tree...she'll get better results faster (because she won't have to use framers so there's nothing to touch and because she can review her shots, learn from them then try something else). :christmas

Defiantly has an eye for the unusual she married me !.
Alcina I'm a true blue film fan, if she go's digital it may be a divorce :11: .

Gotta move with the times :wink: Digital is a hoot and producing some excellent results. I wouldn't move back to film and my photo skills have increased dramatically more in the the time I have been shooting digital than in all the time (since 94) I shot film. Just more flexibility in even a basic digital system so you can master something and then expand to the next thing.

But if you want her to go film, I'm sure Santa can shop for that, too! :eyebrow: Nik Vs are fabulous (as you know). There are two for sale here in town that I am sorely tempted to nab - price seems reasonable and I think I can negotiate something better even. Of course, they would then join the three Nik V's I already have sitting in my closet but you can never have enough toys, right? lol

alcina:
Gotta move with the times :wink: Digital is a hoot and producing some excellent results. I wouldn't move back to film and my photo skills have increased dramatically more in the the time I have been shooting digital than in all the time (since 94) I shot film. Just more flexibility in even a basic digital system so you can master something and then expand to the next thing.

But if you want her to go film, I'm sure Santa can shop for that, too! :eyebrow: Nik Vs are fabulous (as you know). There are two for sale here in town that I am sorely tempted to nab - price seems reasonable and I think I can negotiate something better even. Of course, they would then join the three Nik V's I already have sitting in my closet but you can never have enough toys, right? lol

I want a nikonos 15mm lens droool

alcina:
I'm promoting shopping for your wife here LOL! Maybe Santa can fill both your stockings!

I just found out tonight she has a credit card that I new nothing about, still when I'm in the dog house I tell her go shopping and I'm forgiven when she gets home :wink:

OK do you know what this is, Mrs C is usually pretty good at identifying things but drew a blank on this.

OK...that first one looks like a crinoid of some sort. I haven't seen one without more bits on the legs like that though?

The second is a flamingo tongue snail. And it's a pretty shot!

On my monitor it is a bit too much deep colour on the shell, but they do vary in colour from what I saw in Coz so it might just be me.

That first one has 8 'legs'...could it be some sort of crinoid crab?

I love the closeup of the green thing....it's definately hard coral. Maybe some sort of sheet or dimple coral, it has the same polyp pattern. Either way....I like those macros that show texture and abstract designs.

Dee:
That first one has 8 'legs'...could it be some sort of crinoid crab?

I love the closeup of the green thing....it's definately hard coral. Maybe some sort of sheet or dimple coral, it has the same polyp pattern. Either way....I like those macros that show texture and abstract designs.

Notice these things, as I said I would go right past it if it did not jump out and bite me, I see more stuff now with Mrs C than I did in 25 years diving with out her, all guys should get a f/male buddy

Dee is right about the bristle worm. Walter had an encounter with one and could have died. They are extremely poisonous. They are really interesting, though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom