Much more than a backup torch!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello Karl,

sorry, but the same solution like on the new X1 is not possible for the PHOTON. The rear part of the PHOTON is from PVC and not strong enough for such a solution.
But why you dont use the strap on the backside of the PHOTON?

Michael

...thank you for the clarification, Michael. Honestly, I don't like the 'strap' design of the PHOTON...I like the 'nipple' so that I can attach a stainless steel 'ring' through the 'nipple'...then I can attach a stainless steel bolt-snap to the stainless steel 'ring'. I like the design of your lights.....so I may still get a couple of PHOTONs, and a couple of the new X1's......as soon as I figure out how I will attach stainless steel bolt-snaps to the PHOTONs.

...do you know the pricing of the X1's ? ...how soon will they be available in the USA (Golemgear) ?

Thanks!

Karl

Michael, what is the beam angle for the Photon II?

Also, it looks like you're using the Photon II head in your LED Cave light - is that correct?

Thanks,

Henrik

Hi Michael,

Wow the X1-VB looks like a great all round light, can you please advise actual focus as, depending where you look, you or website or price list, it says focus is a)2-35 or b)3-45 which is correct? What is the light made from including battery cannister made from? What is the width of the light? head and AA cannister? When LED tech advances i.e. higher output etc will you offer upgrades to this light? Thanks oh and I second selling them through Leisurepro or scubatoys Im sure you would meet a much greater market. I think I will buy one providing the shipping isn't to expensive. Good Luck looks like a great well thought out light.

PS if purchased for shipping to a non EU country does VAT 19% tax not apply? I live in New Zealand.

Last edited:
Michael, what is the beam angle for the Photon II?

Also, it looks like you're using the Photon II head in your LED Cave light - is that correct?

Thanks,

Henrik

Sorry for the late answer!
The beam of the PHOTON or PHOTON2 is 10°. Its the same head like in the LED-Cave.

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom