Much more than a backup torch!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Michael,

Wow the X1-VB looks like a great all round light, can you please advise actual focus as, depending where you look, you or website or price list, it says focus is a)2-35 or b)3-45 which is correct? What is the light made from including battery cannister made from? What is the width of the light? head and AA cannister? When LED tech advances i.e. higher output etc will you offer upgrades to this light? Thanks oh and I second selling them through Leisurepro or scubatoys Im sure you would meet a much greater market. I think I will buy one providing the shipping isn't to expensive. Good Luck looks like a great well thought out light.

PS if purchased for shipping to a non EU country does VAT 19% tax not apply? I live in New Zealand.

Hi,

the first values (2° to 35°) was the early calculated values. The 3° up to 45° are the real measured values.
The wide of the head is 46mm and of the AA cannister is 37mm. Its possible to upgrade this lamp with a more efficient LED in the future.
I contacted to Leisurepro, but without answer from there.
Its right, if we ship outside EU you dont pay the 19% tax.
I am afraid, that the freight cost to New Zealand are high from Germany

Michael

edit: The complete housing include the battery cannister is made from alumnium

Last edited:
Hi,

the first values (2° to 35°) was the early calculated values. The 3° up to 45° are the real measured values.
The wide of the head is 46mm and of the AA cannister is 37mm. Its possible to upgrade this lamp with a more efficient LED in the future.
I contacted to Leisurepro, but without answer from there.
Its right, if we ship outside EU you dont pay the 19% tax.
I am afraid, that the freight cost to New Zealand are high from Germany

Michael

Hi Michael,

thanks for your prompt reply, I am very interested in ordering one of your lights, specifically the X1-VB. I have made numerous orders from Spain and the freight for a similar size/weight item usually runs me around 21 Euros, not sure if this is relevant though given that Spain is not Germany. I will PM you. Cheers

How can we buy your lights in the USA?

Hi Henrik,

to get a beam of approx. 2° you must have the right combination of LED and optic.
With the OSTAR-LED from the PHOTON its impossible. To get this beam you need a LED with really small die, the lighting area from the OSTAR is to big.
BTW, if you want to reduce the light power for a night dive, you must only change the beam to 35°. Then all the light will be dispose to big area.

Michael

Michael,

is the beam angle variable i.e. anything from 3-45 or just one or the other so set to either 3 or 45? thanks

Here is a new picture which shows the both versions of our X1 for 3 x AA cells and for 3 x C cells.
I am shure that this kind of adjustable light beam will be trend-setting for the future of LED lamps.

Michael

Attachments

• FF+VBtext.jpg
    FF+VBtext.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 87
Hi Buddhasummer,

I'm sure you've sorted the shipping out by now with Michael - just wanted to say that we're likely to go to NZ around June 2010, so if there's anything reasonably small you need around then, maybe I can pack something. We're mainly be whizzing around on the South Island (Dunedin-Queenstown, Christchurch), but they've got post offices ;-) - probably no diving this time as we're on a recon tour mainly :)

You can PM me then as I might not check this forum all the time. Would also be interested to hear about diving in NZ, especially on the South Island - we've only done Poor Knights Islands so far.

Best regards,
Jonas

@all - sorry for "hijacking" the thread... :)

Back
Top Bottom