MV Tibbits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divezonescuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello:

Can the MV Tibbits still be dove from the shore? Precovid there was an area called the Baccadera which was a small basin where we would launch from. But, I heard that that property may have been sold.

Thanks.

Hi @divezonescuba

I would like to know that also, would be a shame if it disappered. Have you emailed Scuba Shack to ask? They were there doing guided shore diving during my visit and I talked to them about going to the Tibbets.

The dive site is Buccaneer Reef. Here is a picture of the signage for the site and for the Tibbets along with a photo of the saltwater pool Shore diving on Cayman Brac?

Hello:

Can the MV Tibbits still be dove from the shore? Precovid there was an area called the Baccadera which was a small basin where we would launch from. But, I heard that that property may have been sold.

Thanks.
As of two weeks ago people were still swimming in the old Buccaneer saltwater pool and using it to swim out to dive the 356 and Buccaneer Reef. The old hotel property has been for sale since forever. The area to the east of Scott’s Dock has been sold in the last couple of years and rumors of a marina abound. Things tend to move slowly on the Brac and I imagine that divers and others will be using the pool for years to come.

I heard back from Scuba Shack, same story as @BrackaFish. I'm still scheming on a trip back to Brac to include shore diving:

Hi Brac Scuba Shack

Someone recently mentioned that they heard the shore site/saltwater pool may no longer be available for Buccaneer Reef and the Tibbets due to a purchase. What is the current status?

Good Morning

That is incorrect. We are still enjoying the pool and the shore dives

Long swim and boats potentially coming to/from dock. Should be fine but be careful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom