My brand new Apollo Bio Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had to tow a couple of people in my bio-fin XTs, and felt no lack of power.

Aside from my bp/w, I can't think of any piece of scuba gear I own that has given me more happiness than my XT's. :D

(ok, the regs and tanks do a good job of keeping me alive, too, but the bp/w and fins make me FEEL alive!)

It is good to see that the bio fins are gaining acceptance. I have been using them since June, 1999. Ordered them direct from the distributor after reading the Scubalab test. My first use was swimming against a 1 knot gulf stream current with full SCUBA gear. The most gratifying aspect of the performance is trucking along with reduction in air consumption. I did not find any learning experience to be necessary but never liked the giant scissors kick anyway. A modified "navy" kick worked fine right out the box. Speaking of which, as an old timer, I really appreciated unwrapping to the aroma of natural gum rubber. Reminded me of my first pair of duckfeet way back when.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom