My Cozumel Blog

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It seems that many hotel rooms lack the number of electric outlets that I need for all my battery chargers. I carry a Belkin and a Monster 'portable' power strip and surge protector with me on dive vacations.

Amazon.com: portable power strip

Have fun!

Yes, I have thought of this. I have a 4-port high-power USB charger, an extension cord with three extra plugs, and a USB extension cord (to surf from bed while charging.)

I have 5 USB devices needing charge, but only two/three of them are daily chargers. The only additional A/C plug I need is to charge my camera light.

FYI, I noticed you loaded Netflix. Due to licensing agreements most video steaming services will not work to a foreign IP address, the work around is to use a VPN service that presents a US IP address of the intermediate VPN server to the streamer.

FYI, I noticed you loaded Netflix. Due to licensing agreements most video steaming services will not work to a foreign IP address, the work around is to use a VPN service that presents a US IP address of the intermediate VPN server to the streamer.

From the blog:

Netflix – If the wifi is good, and Netflix allows me to stream to this region, I can catch up on Orange is the New Black and Lilyhammer. For you techies out there, if Netflix doesn’t like the IP address region, I’m not going to mess with VPN to spoof them.

I am here! Did a shore dive and Scuba Review today! It has been a long day, and I am going to bed soon.

read about my day at my blog: jeffcozumel.wordpress.com

---------- Post added February 21st, 2015 at 08:53 PM ----------

Added pics and video tonight.

I don't leave for 3 weeks, but I just could not help myself. I started a blog for my trip to Cozumel. It will only have pre-trip stuff until I go... but I hope to add videos and pictures each day while there.

Jeff's Cozumel Scuba Blog | My visit to Scuba Club Cozumel

Had first day of boat diving today. Made some video and took some pics with the new Sealife MicroHD. Posted them on the blog.

Hope you enjoy Scuba II and the crew (Armando and Captain Ceasar). Who is working as the DM?
By the way your blog is very good and you are a better photographer than you think.
Be sure to get the dive site names.

Actually, Netflix Mexico has more and more good stuff, particularly the Netflix original series. They may, however, be in Spanish. Your US account will give you access to the full Mexico Netflix content.

I use a VPN for more important reasons than spoofing Netflix. Besides, I hardly ever watch any TV in Cozumel except the annual Doctor Who Christmas special. For that, I have to spoof BBC iPlayer.

Hi all! Between the diving, eating, and napping, Netflix really has not been a consideration. I have watched a total of two episodes of The Americans from my SD drive, nothing more.

Our DM has been Willy (aka Manuel ??). They have all been very friendly and helpful. Willy does not talk much on the boat, but is very good about showing us around and finding good things underwater. I'm guessing he is more comfortable with scuba-sign-language than with english, but he speaks just fine during the dive briefing.

I just finished another blog update with video and pics. Today is my 'off day' but I will be doing the twilight dive tonight. It was nice to sleep in, and affords me time to catch up on posts and blogs and stuff.

enjoying your blog postings. LOVE the video music choices too. Enjoy your dives and the island.....you will miss it so much when you return home to your family! Thank you for taking the time to share here for those of us stuck home without blowing bubbles....... Continued safe dives to you.

I posted some really cool night dive videos today!

Back
Top Bottom