My damn ears

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.... any medical experts have as yet directly commented on Lawman's diagnosis or treatment.

Nonethless, your advice is sound.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

one better than local lawyers.

I put my trust in ScubaBoard!

DOC, I couldn't figure out exactly how to express the due respect to those in the "medical know" that we have on this board without limiting it to a specific category. (ie. MD/DO, RN/LPN, etc..) So my use of "MEDICAL EXPERT" should only be used by those that are infact or at least consider themselves to be.....since I don't know who they are it will have to be taken on the honor system:D

Lawman, I'm sure your trust is appreciated. But here is a hypothetical situation.
Diver A has chronic ear problems and in the past has been given antibiotic ear drops for "one" of his infections. Months/Years later he/she returns from a dive trip and develops an earache and decides to use the drops. after several days/weeks of treatment without success he sees his/her Doctor who sees that there is indeed a perferation and signs of infection. Diver A's misuse of his/her anti-biotic may have just delayed his/her treatment long enough for irreversible damage and worse may have actually limited his/her treatment choices by helping to create a resistant strain.
Hey but don't worry, Diver A's Doctor is one of the few that have NOT gone "BARE" so his attorney can strongarm a settlement from his insurance carrier so that Diver A can get a hearing aid an a cup of coffee with his/her share of the settlemant. :D

-Crispy

Back
Top Bottom