My dive pics from Key largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Took these with my dc1000 last Wed.

78d4d082.jpg

9df74535.jpg

0ca8c77c.jpg

4eb03441.jpg

add203b0.jpg

dd7bcb2c.jpg

6794b017.jpg

very nice

These pics look great! I have a Sealife DC 1200 and my pics aren't nearly as good as these (Admittedly, I'm a novice photographer and have only used my camera a few times). What am I doing wrong or not doing? You can see some of my pic on a previous thread.

Dmurrell61, the Dc1200 isn't as good a camera as the dc1000, it takes longer to focus so you really have to set up the shot before snapping it. Make sure you have a flash strobe, that makes all the difference and get your shots within 3 feet of the subject. Try to get the entire subject in frame and wait until you can get the pose you want from the animal. I try to sneak up on the fish and not move fast. This way they feel comfortable around me and they tend to be more photogenic.

I recognize that big green eel! He wouldn't come out from under the reef for me tho- was way back in there..
Davis, right?

Back
Top Bottom