My first dive video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My dad and I really just wanted to make sure we were learning to dive properly, safely and felt comfortable doing it.... the video was just the icing on the cake.

Fun video, some nice effects in there.

Work on your trim and your weighting. If not too much, it is not properly positioned. But most likely a combination of both.

At a minimum, add some air to the BC. In much of the video your bodies are at 45 degree angles and your kicking is what is holding you up. You want to be able to have your body more horizontal.

In the swim throughs, it seemed as if there was furious kicking to have you go horizontal and make it through without hitting the bottom. You should be able to leisurely glide through, body in horizontal trim and not even come close to hitting the bottom or silting it up either.

Keep working at it. It sounds like you and your father are wanting to improve, so take that all in that vein.

Still though, fun video.

Great video thanks for sharing. I have never been diving at Gilboa but have heard great things about it. Just bought a GoPro Hero 3+ and need to get busy learning to use it.

Keith - Oh yea, we certainly weren't impressing anyone :) BUT, this was only our 5th and 6th dive and more important than anything (in my opinion) is that my dad and I stayed in constant communication and stayed close to each other. We received many praises from out instructor after our certification dive about our good communication and proper signaling. Unfortunately I'm in the midwest so I am not able to practice as much as I'd like but we will be in the Keys in a couple months so I look forward to that. My 2015 goals are to obtain AOW, dive the ocean and improve trim/buoyancy.

Planeguy - You'll love it, fantastic place to dive (for the midwest anyway). The owner is a bit of a hard ass but the place takes safety seriously and the layout is pretty nice. They certainly have plenty to see down below. This video had no filter which didn't really bother me since the colors added some really cool ambiance to the photos and video. I would definitely use one in the ocean though. My suggestion would be to find a nice middle ground between resolution and FPS. 1080p is not worth much at only 30fps. Lemme know if you want to head over there this spring!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom