My First Go At Underwater Photography

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brandon...we need a little help here! What camera are you using? What's you're light source...internal camera flash or strobe?

With not much to go on I'd say you have a fixed focal length film camera and are using the internal flash. If so.....

Learn where your focal distance is. Until you do, you'll never get a good, sharp focus.

Don't shoot down on your subjects, it makes the photo look flat.

What's wrong? The only problem I see is that fish is not in a frying pan for dinner! Next thing you'll show me is a video of that sole swimming away! :wink:

justleesa:
I am clicking and it is taking me to a dead page....

Which internet browser are you using? It could be because they put spaces in the folder name.

Maybe if you remove the "%20" from the address it might work for you?

Sorry Try
http://www.twofour.org/pics and click > Sept 29 York Harbour..> 29-Sep-2005 17:58 -

im using a Sea life Reefmaster and yes im using the regular flash thats on the camera.

Ok. The Reefmaster's a good camera. Macro lenses are available for close-ups. Otherwise you'll have to stay back from your subject. A strobe is also available to cut down on that backscatter.

I'm wondering about the red in some of the photos... Bad film? Bad processing? That wouldn't help either (although the one shot on land looked fine...)

Keep trying. Photography in general requries a lot of experimentation and practice -underwater is even harder.

How was the visibility? It looks like it wasn't so great. That'd definitely impact the pictures and make the backscatter worse.

Others may have more advice. That's a pretty popular camera, so someone should be able to give you first hand advice on that particular model.

-Erica

Well the visibility was very bad. probley 10 feet, we just had a two day rain storm that stirred up lots of rivers making them very muddy so visibilty was real bad, these pics were also taken at about 40 feet of water and mostly overcast.

Thanks for the new link brandon, but I still get "cannot find server", and I don't know why. The others are seeing it, so I am sure it is on my end.

I'm also sure you will get lots of good answers and won't need my 2¢ :wink:

hah thanks anyways sorry about the link check out my gallery i got four pics in there from the dive today, ill remove them when i get some better ones

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom