My First Go At Underwater Photography

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

howarde:
Which internet browser are you using? It could be because they put spaces in the folder name.

Maybe if you remove the "%20" from the address it might work for you?

Thanks Howarde, I'm using IE....I'll give it a try.

Nope, still doesn't work...I'll look at the ones in the gallery here

brandon, i started with that camera and after a lot of practice it got much better then my first ones, it LOOKS to me like you are too close which is a bad habbit i had to overcome myself, in time you will get much happier with your camera and your shots!! the pic i show here was after quite some time and practice, if i can help i will be glad to!!

Thanks jim anything in particular you would recomend looks like some of thems pics you got prity close up.

start out using your macro setting and shoot some thing up close with flash, get used to the way the camera works before shooting without flash and using whitebalance manual calibration for subjects at a distance.

In poor vis that's been stirred up, the camera's flash will mean backscatter. A strobe placed to the side can help this. Think too about camera shake as this can blur pictures so you need to be able to hover pretty well so that you are still when you take the pictures. Best idea is to keep practising and keep experimenting. I am not familiar with the camera you are using but make sure you know it inside out. Hope this helps and that you persevere. We all have shots like yours, believe me!! :05:

Did Brand0n ever post what kind of Film camera he was using?

If I had to guess... I'm guessing it's a reefmaster film camera? With only the internal flash.

Reefmaster + Poor Viz = Bad Photos

(We had a reefmaster film camera... killed it - wore out the gears that advance the film - switched to Canon S70 - NO COMPARISON)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom