My first rig and mail order gear experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He's overnighting me a pair of Aeris Atmos AIs (the same, exact computer Larry dives with); gave me the OK to dive with the darwins if I so choose, but yeah, I think based on the button function and further discussion on how it works, I'd rather just grab what he's using. He did recommend the Aeris Atmos 2 as the least expensive next best option to the Darwin; but I think at this point I'd rather just go with all the neat bells and whistles and enjoy the data it provides. I likely won't bother diving with the darwin.

When I bought my computer I was jockeying between the Sherwood Wisdom and the Aeris AI. I spoke with Larry at length about both and he convinced me that I'd be happier with the Aeris than the Wisdom, so I took his advice and got the Aeris AI.

I have to say that I LOVE my computer!! I love it's compact size, the features, and especially the ease of use. When I did my first dives on it, I used it as a bio-feedback tool and learned to control my breathing and literally tripled the amount of time I was getting out of a tank. My DH has an Oceanic DataMax Pro+2 and although it's basically the same computer (features, algorithm, etc), I prefer the compactness of my Aeris. Next time I'm going hoseless though!!

I Love my Oceanic Veo 200. Air nitrox wrist mount, everything else I need, $215 from leisurepro.com. No complaints

-Matt

Back
Top Bottom