My first shark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
fascinating! Is that a Grey? (very pointed nose) were you lookin over your shoulder for da uder wuns?
I've heard they use dead shark smell in a new shark repellent so I felt pretty good about being near this rotting pile of flesh.

jiveturkey,

I left all his teeth where I found them.

Interesting shot there Andy! We will have to see about fixing that problem you have of not seeing a LIVE shark while in the Keys. Not sure what dives we cross paths on, but I know a couple at least!

I have no clue where the best place to see ReefTips are in the Keys, but I do know that I saw Nurse sharks on almost every dive on the reefs. Unfortunatley the most popular place for Nurse sharks that I found was City of Washington, and I don't think I have that dive scheduled... Dern! I think I overdid the wreck diving on this trip! :lol:

Oh well, it's ALL good!

SeaYoda:
I've heard they use dead shark smell in a new shark repellent so I felt pretty good about being near this rotting pile of flesh.

jiveturkey,

I left all his teeth where I found them.
actually..... most sharks don't eat other sharks...

BUT.... a dead shark is the best bait if you want to bring in Tigers or Great Hammers...

:D :D :D

(I do not know this from personally doin so!)

Stick around the carcass a while and you'll probably get to see a live one! A friend of ours was diving at Point Lobos last year around a dead whale, right in Whaler's cove. The next day, he found out there was another visitor checking out the whale carcass that day--a great white one.

did you see the movie 8 Below? There was a body of a dead killer whale and the dog wanted to eat it...he gets close and this HUGE leopard seal jumps out of the tummy...the whole theater jumped

justleesa:
did you see the movie 8 Below? There was a body of a dead killer whale and the dog wanted to eat it...he gets close and this HUGE leopard seal jumps out of the tummy...the whole theater jumped
dammit i just rented that for tonight.... thanks!

Kidding.... :D

Larry C:
Stick around the carcass a while and you'll probably get to see a live one! A friend of ours was diving at Point Lobos last year around a dead whale, right in Whaler's cove. The next day, he found out there was another visitor checking out the whale carcass that day--a great white one.

Holy crap!

I'm still sticking to the belief that the carcass will ward off "evil spirits" :D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom