my first very cold water dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive around in cold water also in the winter months last year and this year in a 7mm also and stay comfortable also I think it depends on the person and the climates your use to. But have never had a free flow (knock on wood). Actually going through a dry suit class this week and diving this weekend courious to see the diffrance. Hope the water is cold.

Look you are all frankly mental in the brain to be diving wet in those temperatures. I dove 4/5 degrees celcius yesterday (what 39/40F?) dry and was nice and toasty. I watched some nutters in wetsuits/semidrys training and have never seen anything more miserable looking. Only saving grace was that the sun was out.

Yeah, I won't dive wet below 70 degrees F.

Recently I dove dry in my local lake, it was 50 degrees. I thought that was chilly.

After the dive, I took a dump in my dry suit just to have a warm place to sit down.

How's the buddy doin that helped with the zipper :eyebrow:

Wow, that's some cold water! While I love to dive in cold water, I would never ever do it in a wetsuit! I'll be curious if you go dry sooner rather than later...

You are braver than I am! The coldest waters I will dive are Florida's springs at a chilly 72 degrees, and then it's only 20 minutes at a time because I am FREEZING (even in my 5 mm)! I can't wait until the Gulf warms up here. It's gotta be 78 before I venture in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom