My Murky Paradise

'Sup with that quarry?

• F that quarry. It's just a place to practice when you can tolerate it.

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Rock quarry rocks! Just because Cousteau never did a special on Bluegills doesn't make them less sp

Votes: 18 64.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Poor old me, havn't got a quarry for 200 miles, just have to put up with the sea:)
On one particularly long spell of SE winds, when we'd got bored of the sheltered voes, we did venture accross a peat bog to what was supposedly a deep loch with some arctic fish in it, after 30 minutes of sinking into knee deep mire, clambering back over hags and sliding down the other side we came to - a 3m deep hole with an edge the consistency of blancmange and water the colour of strong tea :(

Quarry's where I live are good for 1 dive. Then you have seen the mud and the next time oyu come out the mud is still the same.

just say NO!

Quarry, lake, ocean. Beach, boat, dock. Whatever. They're all different and all fun. I guess for me, it's all about the Zen-like state induced by any dive. Whatever "Zen" may truly mean... :wink:

I much prefer diving in the ocean.

I'll dive the Quarry once in a while, and admittedly, would be there more often if I didn't have such easy access to the sea :wink:

I am a new diver, certified in the ocean. I have just recently made a few dives in my local lake and have to say I enjoyed every minute. Yes mostly a mud bottom and found more beer cans then fish, but still it was like escaping planet earth to fly around. The viz was maybe five foot at the surface. Decended for a deep dive and at about 60 foot it was black as night. Then at 82 it was the blackest black ever imaginable. I was awestruck as I ascended looking up as the sun turned the water from a green brown to a shiny baby blue- watching my bubbles rise like silver space ships. Finally I was watching my hand break through the surface of the water.
Diving is awesome no matter where you are, and in arizona on my income getting to the ocean with any regularity is not possible. I have to admit the idea of finding a Lake artifact had me searching, lost wallet, sunglasses, some disposed weapon ( as I was reading in another thread) maybe even a body! After finning around with no vis, I stumbled apon a really cool, really tall rock wall with all kinds of nooks and crannies. I'll definitely be back (as soon as I can find someone as crazy as me to buddy with).

Tony.

tonyc once bubbled...
I have to admit the idea of finding a Lake artifact had me searching, lost wallet, sunglasses, some disposed weapon ( as I was reading in another thread) maybe even a body!
Tony.

.....Okay...psycho...

Back
Top Bottom