My new baby is on the way!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivemasterSteve once bubbled...
Dee, could you tell me where you bought your new baby from? i have been talking to the wife about it and i might have her talked into getting one. :)

thanks,
steve

I got it at NewEgg.com for $579 total. I did find it cheaper elsewhere but those places had questionable reputations. I've ordered memory cards from NewEgg so I knew I could trust them plus they don't charge tax or shipping so that brought their price even below some of the other when they added the extras. They sent it by FedEX and I got it in 3 days.

Congrats! :thumb:

while my wife was trying on wetsuits and under suits by a package in the shop - 5050 + housing a fraction under $700 if my maths is correct.

But.... I didn't ;-0 Guess I better get the misses kitted out before I start buying new toys....

Well Dee, I just picked up the C5050 today so my baby is also officially here :) Unfortunately I will have to take my baby right back to the store as the LCD screen has a dead pixel on it :( but I already talked to them so there is no problem with exchanging.
However, I just wonder what kind of memory card are you going to get.
If I do my math correctly, if I shoot in RAW, I should get a little over 100 pictures with a 1GB CF card. That should be enough for 2 dives at which time I would have to change the battery anyway. With 512 mb card, I would get about 60 odd pictures, often enough for 2 dives but not always! hmmm, decision decision? What are you planning to do?
The jog dial feel a little strange but hopefully I will get use to it. In manual mode, I will need to press a button and use the jog dial to change the aparture so look like the Ikelite housing might make life a little easier. Not sure how easy it would be with the PT015.

I've just purchased the c5050 and it will take Xd picture card memory (currently up to 512MB), compact flash (up to 1GIG), and smart media cards [SIMULTANEOUSLY!!!] flip a switch and start saving to another card. Advantage of Xd picture card is panorama mode where you can take several pictures from a tripod with 20% overlap and stitch them together for a super wide panoramic shot.

scurvydog-diver once bubbled...
I've just purchased the c5050 and it will take Xd picture card memory (currently up to 512MB), compact flash (up to 1GIG), and smart media cards [SIMULTANEOUSLY!!!] flip a switch and start saving to another card. Advantage of Xd picture card is panorama mode where you can take several pictures from a tripod with 20% overlap and stitch them together for a super wide panoramic shot.

You can have xD and CF or smart media and CF at the same time.

Since I already have six 128mg SM cards and one 256 CF card, That's what I'll be using. I love the little X-D card that came with the camera so if I purchase anything it will be a 256 or 512 X-D card. I don't see me needing the microdrive, I have a laptop for storage, so I think I'm pretty well covered for now.

I've spent alot of time since I got mine taking and deleting pictures, getting used to the buttons. I'm beginning to like the jog dial! :wacko: What's getting hard is remembering which functions require one button, or two and the jog dial. Right now I'm investigating the custom button and My Modes as shortcuts to alot of it. I can tell now I'll be making a small laminated cheat sheet to carry down with me. Or maybe clear labels on the back of the housing? mmmm?? :idea:

Topside it's not going to be a problem but I think it will depend on the tray I end up with as to how it is with the housing. Will the handle on the left side leave me room to get my hand in there to push those two buttons? I hadn't planned on double handles.....I'll just have to wait until the housing gets here to figure that out.

The PT-15 is a tad bigger than my PT-10 and my hand may have trouble stretching as far for some things.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom