My new bc...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great BC - I love mine.

I use 14lb of weight and find that 3lb in each of the back (fixed) pockets and 4lb in each of the front pockets gets me perfectly horizontal.

My wife has the Libra (effectively the same BC). She prefers 2lb in each of the fixed pockets.

Make sure you use the fixed weight pockets. It makes a big difference to your trim to get some weight higher up. It also helps make the center of weight closer to the center of buoyancy, helpful when you need to put in air, and gets you less face-down on the surface.

I tried putting more in the back but got a bit of roll instability when my BC was empty....

I didn't think this bc was going to be a big difference than the one I was using (I was wrong). First dive 40' 30min, 25' 15min, 15' 10min than surface. Great dive, viz was in the 10' to 15 foot range which is great for around here. 20# in the ditch pockets no weight in the trim prockets couldn't get horizontal.

2nd dive same profile but instead of 20# int the ditch pockets I put 16# and than 2# in each trim pockets. What a difference that made I felt pretty horizontal the whole dive.

As far as the bc goes I was very impresed. The drop down pocket is really cool and easy to get to. D rings are in good locations and I really love how the torso straps swival out of the way. You can hardly tell you have it on. Can't wait to give it another try...

Oh and one more thing. jpmorrision is a friend of mine he was just messin with me so give him a break....

Kind of gos to show you that when you post to a board with 10,000+ members we'er probably not all going to catch the subtile inside humor.:balloon:

Back
Top Bottom