My New Dive Boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laurie S.

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was lucky to be able to get a great buy on a 1997 Baja Marine 38 Special earlier this year. The owner had dropped about $25,000 into new engines, paint, etc., and then lost it to the credit union. It had never been in salt water until last month when my boyfriend and I towed it down to San Carlos, Mexico, which is its permanent home. I've been learning to drive it, and I'm a total newbie at it. It has twin Chevy 540s in it with 1200 total hp, and 85 mph top limit. We've had it up to 60-65 mph so far on a glassy sea and it runs like a dream. I ran a bit more slowly (20-25 mph) the day we had the 2- to 4-foot waves and my friends were teaching me to run the trough.

Now, I need to equip it for scuba diving, especially some tank holders. Any advice is welcome!

Here are a couple pictures of my boat, which I've named "Whale Shark." It's a long, funny story....

034sm.jpg

lvs1sm.jpg

Look into the ROLL CONTROL SYSTEM. Its very sano.

When you fill the tanks, fill the bar

Back
Top Bottom