My new equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xnight

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all, im back for a question, i got certified back in october and i was waiting for some cash to buy my equipment......well cash is here and i just ordered my oms single bladder 100lbs lift bc with the comfort harness system, with optional cummerbund, and 2 no sag weight pockets. Also ordered Dacor viper metal reg and octo. Wet suit im not to worried about yet, and im still looking for a dive computer( i would appreciate input in regards to this $350.00 is all i can afford for computer)
I figured that even though i am a novice i should get decent equipment since a really plan on getting wet in 2004, as much diving as time and money permits, did i buy the right stuff (i know there is stuff out there that is even better) but believe me for the amount of money im spending it better be good.
Thank you very much

100lb bladder ???? What on earth are you going to use 100 lbs of lift for? I have a 35 lb and wish I could find a BC with 15 lbs. May I suggest that you hold on to your money, use the tables and get some dives under your belt before buying any more equipment. Learn what you really want and need before spending your money. Experience is your best guide.

people buy equip and then seek opinions on whether they've made good choices...if you get neg reviews on your gear selections are you going to sell it or still dive with it?

Fwiw, I would not have purchased any of the items you mentioned.

As for a computer/bottom timer under $350, consider a Suunto Vyper.

I figured the first couple of replies would be as productive as in the "counterstrike" forums i sometime frequent, but hey what can i tell you im still gonna spend the money in the equipment, maybe change some stuff, i kinda realized after reading some other posts about OMS wings and the harnesses, that i went a little overboard.
Thanx anyway

I would cancel all of those orders, do some more research and buy what you need for the type of diving that you are going to be doing. Seeing as you JUST got certified, I dont think you need a 100# BC, not to mention the fact that using that BC with a single tank will have a taco effect. The reg I would not buy, instead get yourself a nice Apeks reg. Get yourself a pressure gauge for your reg, and a wrist mount vyper dive computer. You can also use that computer as a dive timer...

Ok i can cancel without a problem, but im not gonna just because a couple of you say so, even if i am a novice, not because i dont think you are qualified to advise me, but how about the simple and practical truth, will i have a blast diving wether its in Ft Lauderdale in 35 ft or doing a drift dive somewhere in the caribean? with a 45lb lift BC?, the instructor that certified me recommended i get am OMS rig cause he swears by it, do you understand where im coming from? dont make me feel like a moron for buying the equipment "YOU" dont like (tons of people in here even said if a beginer is gonna start with that kind of setup....whats the big deal?), just like i said before will i be able to dive safely is the question, i was 30 lbs heavier when i was certified and i used the shops ****ty jacket style bc and i hated every minute of it.......so im getting the comfort harness anyway because i feel comfortable in it, now tell me the best way to configure it which should have been the first reply i got.........

Gents thats all i asked for, not some idiot sucking his teeth

Thanx a million for the helpful reply

xnight:
...did i buy the right stuff... Thank you very much

This is from your original post.

My simple answer would be: NO, absolutely not.

It seems however, that you dont want to listen to any of us, so, in the future, I hope everyone will ignore your posts...

Have Fun!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom