My Oceanic VT Pro is reading the temperature too high

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

khacken:
Last week I purchased my new Oceanic VT Pro and took it out. I looked at the computer and was surprised to see it was reading 78 degrees F. I knew the water was not that warm, as it was chilly when I got in. I checked with my buddies, and sure enough, they had 72 degrees F. At home I check the ambient temp against the thermostat readings and sure enough, the computer stated 80 degrees F when the temperature was 74 degrees F in the house.

Is this a known issue with the VT Pro? Is there a way to calibrate it? Do I just have to do the math every time I look at the computer? Is this an indication that my computer might have a quality issue?

I had the same problem with my Versa PRO. Called Oceanic even though it was out of warrenty. They requested I send it to them and they will resolve the problem.

When I got it back it was a rebuilt like new computer will all the new updates and they did not charge me for anything.eyebrow

As mentioned earlier, give them a call and they will take care of you.

Their customer service and repair departments are the BEST.

110% happy with them.

Yeah, I really like the computer. Very easy to use and I get all the information I want in one spot.

Oh, one other question for the Oceanic guys, maybe I should start another thread for this, but does it make a difference if the computer is worn on the left or right arm? The tranmitter is mounted on the left hand side.

khacken:
Yeah, I really like the computer. Very easy to use and I get all the information I want in one spot.

Oh, one other question for the Oceanic guys, maybe I should start another thread for this, but does it make a difference if the computer is worn on the left or right arm? The tranmitter is mounted on the left hand side.

The manual states that for ideal transmission it should be mounted on the same side as the transmitter. We'll see if others have some feedback on their experiences, but I have worn it on my left wrist (same side as the transmitter), on the right, and in various places via a retractor and haven't had any problems.

Doug

I have my VT Pro on a retractor and I wear it on either side with no problems. Also return that unit to Scubatoys and they should be able to give you a new one without any hassle.

Debra did you get that 72 degree reading on your VT Pro? I am pretty sure that water was really closer to 72 degrees.

I will have to do a comparison this weekend to my new watch heheh. (I was looking for a reason to get it wet)

I read 72 degrees on my VT pro. It felt 72 to me!

Back
Top Bottom