My shoe sizes are 10 and 11. What ScubaPro TwinJet fins size do I need?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"spring straps not necessary and a hugh waste of buckage" whoa!!! Don't go there..I have never ever seen spring straps break. Period. End. Expose plastic buckles to the elements for a year or two then step on, drop tank on, etc, and see how they fair. Spring straps on my Biofins are awesome. Fits wet suit booties, DUI Rock boots, etc, no adjustments needed.

1) I will simply note that there still has not been a post addressing the appropriate sizing issues.

2) I love the internet as a source of information. I hate the internet as a source of MIS-information. I do not like the internet as a place to buy life support equipment or items that must fit properly to function properly. I would buy books or records online, because I don't need to see them, touch them, or try them on to figure out whether to buy them. I don't need anyone to answer questions about how to use them properly. Dive gear is a lot different than books and records.

3) When used properly, Twin Jet straps and buckles work well. I have seen a lot of people misuse them, which tend to result in broken buckles. A small amount of information and two or three simple rules about the straps and buckles, which you wouldn't get from LeisurePro, would address all of these problems without spending the money for spring straps. Nothing against spring straps, I think they are a great idea and are a necessity for Jet Fins.

4) Scuba Pro does not supply LeisurePro. You will notice that LP does not have a full line of Scuba Pro products and does not purport to be an authorized dealer. LP's Scuba Pro products are typically purchased from dealers outside the US. Thus, the term "grey market." They put the numbers on them to be able to track warranty. If you think they are Nazis, you don't understand how the manufacturing, distribution, retail and warranty systems work and who pays the cost. Scuba Pro is entitled to enforce its warranty policies.

5) Nobody can refute the fact that you can't tell what size to use without trying them on. Try doing that over the internet.

BTW the Nazi comment wasn't for Scuba Pro, it was for LDS's and instructors that insist everyone will die if they buy gear off the internet and that remind customers that Scuba Pro has marked all gear with numbers like 666 to keep us in check! YYYAAAHHHAAAAHAAAARRR!:light:

Can you prove that they have never supplied LP? Many manufacturers on this board have stated that some manufacturers do sell to LP directly. Do you think SP would admit it if they did? Furthermore, if LP was doing something dangerous or illegal, don't you think Scuba Pro would do more than put numbers on SP gear? So why treat them like they are doing something illegal? Wait, let me guess, your LDS (that you probably also work at or through) is a SP store and you have been brain washed...? This is a major reason why many of us hate to even go in to some LDS's now. That "buy from us or else you will die" attitude. BRAIN WASHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone for your opinion. Sorry that I forgot mention that I have tried ScubaPro TwinJet split fins of my friend’s friend some weeks ago and liked it more than my stiff fins. It fit my feet well. Too bad I forgot to ask him the size and I didn’t have his number. I remember he said something like “Do you want to try my fins? What shoe size do you wear? 10? Ok it should fit you then”. We swapped fins. Mine also fit his feet… So that’s the whole story.

No offend to anyone. Here’s my opinion:

Why didn’t I buy from LDS? Because I’m getting a used one in excellent condition half price of what the LDS asks. In fact, the guy who I swapped fins with also bought his used TwinJet online and paid half price.

The items I plan to buy from LDS are something that needs inspection yearly like BC, regulator, etc. Fins don’t need any inspection and I don’t consider it a life support gear. If one breaks, I still have another one to help me surface and have my dive buddy to help me further if necessary. I plan to dive 3-4 times a year which is pretty light (2 lake dive trips and 2 ocean dive trips). It shouldn’t break that fast.

Thank you everyone for your opinion. :)

scubadobadoo:
BTW the Nazi comment wasn't for Scuba Pro, it was for LDS's and instructors that insist everyone will die if they buy gear off the internet and that remind customers that Scuba Pro has marked all gear with numbers like 666 to keep us in check! YYYAAAHHHAAAAHAAAARRR!:light:

Can you prove that they have never supplied LP? Many manufacturers on this board have stated that some manufacturers do sell to LP directly. Do you think SP would admit it if they did? Furthermore, if LP was doing something dangerous or illegal, don't you think Scuba Pro would do more than put numbers on SP gear? So why treat them like they are doing something illegal? Wait, let me guess, your LDS (that you probably also work at or through) is a SP store and you have been brain washed...? This is a major reason why many of us hate to even go in to some LDS's now. That "buy from us or else you will die" attitude. BRAIN WASHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First, I didn't say anything about safety or somebody dying. My point is that buying from an unauthorized dealer means you are not getting the manufacturer's warranty. Are you getting a warranty from the dealer? That's something I don't know.

It's really about business practices and how the scuba industry is shaking out. Yes, I teach through an LDS, which is an authorized Scuba Pro dealer, as well as an Oceanic dealer, plus other brands. SSI requires instructors to be affiliated with a shop. Even if they didn't, I would be. The people at my LDS are great people who run a good business. It's more than a business, too. It's a community. I like this particular business and these particular people and I want to support them and people like them. I also think it is going to be very bad for the scuba community if the online stores drive local shops out of business because the online dealers have different economics than an LDS. People will not have the same access to information, products, and the diving community in general that they have today. If my LDS gets run out of business, where will I get my tanks filled and inspected, my regs serviced, and my trips booked? Where will I take or teach classes? Leisure Pro isn't going to do any of that for me. I'm sorry that other people have not had the same kind of positive LDS experiences I have had. I wish people could support local business people in their own communities and I wish the local businesses were providing enough additional value through customer service to justify spending more money to buy from them instead of the online retailers. I know our LDS does. I hope we won't lose the easy access to service that we have today.

Can I prove Scuba Pro doesn't sell to Leisure Pro? No. They say they don't and I don't have any reason to doubt them. Better yet, the people who own the dive shop don't doubt them, and they would have a darn good reason to be ticked off if Scuba Pro were. It's their pocketbooks we're talking about. Am I a Scuba Pro fan? Yes, absolutely. Am I brainwashed. No, absolutely not.

Tell you what, let's agree to disagree, and I will avoid any other inflammatory statements. I have a buddy at work who's at the opposite end of the political spectrum from me, and we have great discussions about politics. We both find it interesting to understand how the other guy looks at things and we still disagree. Strangely, because we actually talk to each other about it, we often find out we agree on more things than we thought. There's enough flaming going on around here and I don't want to add any more to it. Let's agree that we both want to see divers get good prices and good service from the diving industry, but have different views of what that means.

Best regards,

Sorry, forgot to mention that it’s an open-heel (to be used with booties). Size large should fit shoe size 10/11, right?

Thanks

3mm or 5mm booties, open-heel, large is probably right. I am about the same size. I have 3mm booties and 5mm booties and the large works. It is a little snug with the size 11 Henderson Octoboots, but not too small. I can't imagine that a medium would be big enough for you. I use XL TwinJets with my drysuit. The larges are too small for the drysuit boots. I have never tried them with 7mm booties, which might require the XL.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom