My sidemount rig

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess I should've use the phrase old old school loop bungees. I basically use the Edd's style of bungee that I made myself.

The wing that's in the pic is the UTD delta wing!
I tried the modified backplate and wing for sidemount but I found it uncomfortable it was always shifting around, and just didn't feel right! This setup is super comfy it stays put and hugs the body! Not gunna be able to try it till spring

It's looking good, did you get a few dives in this year on it? I'm taking my Z harness down to Mexico next month with the z trim and wife will be using the delta. Let me know how the butt plate works, being 6'3" I'm wondering if it might improve my already outstanding trim.....

I've used the single bungee and the bungee with clip ( homemade) and I'm not a fan of the chokers, just don't seem to work for me (cold water, dry gloves), the bungee w/ clip is versatile but I like simplicity if it works and you can't get simpler that a piece of bungee.

that's the Manta wing, right?

You are not going to want to use the butt plate diving al80s in Mexico. As we all know, they get floaty as you use them. You will wind up with what they call "butterfly wings" down there. Or another visual reference would be, you look like the Enterprise off of a Star Trek movie, with your tanks being the engines.

You are not going to want to use the butt plate diving al80s in Mexico. As we all know, they get floaty as you use them. You will wind up with what they call "butterfly wings" down there. Or another visual reference would be, you look like the Enterprise off of a Star Trek movie, with your tanks being the engines.

I use butt plates with aluminum 80s all the time. I actually prefer it. I can use a slightly longer leash and have more room to grab the tanks by the leash. I still have a forward D ring that I hook the tanks up to when they get floaty. I have never had a trim issue once I got it dialed in

its really not that bad, just use some large bolt snaps!

I dive a Nomad XT in very cold water, 35f, and use the ring bungees. I did find it a pita until I got very big bolt snaps; the small ones were almost impossible to manage, particularly post-dive when my hands were kinda cold.

To the OP: nice looking rig :)

I dive a Nomad XT in very cold water, 35f, and use the ring bungees. I did find it a pita until I got very big bolt snaps; the small ones were almost impossible to manage, particularly post-dive when my hands were kinda cold.

To the OP: nice looking rig :)

Yeah i got to play with my sms in some 32f water up here, and hopefully at the morrison sometime soon too, large bolt snaps with dry gloves are key

Yeah i got to play with my sms in some 32f water up here, and hopefully at the morrison sometime soon too, large bolt snaps with dry gloves are key

I dive the Morrison all the time; maybe we should hook up for a dive. There's still no ice there, I dove it on Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom