My son's first Ocean dive...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Salt water? Vas is das?
Warm water? no can't be.
<grin>

Congrats to your son. (and to his obviously proud dad!)

While I must stand with Mario on the salt water front,I did enjoy my freshies with Divegal(June) a couple of weeks ago.I wouldn't however brag too much about fresh water springs though.Isn't most of it in the Okeefenokee swamp? I mean that we in NZ have the cleanest springs in the world in the South Island and you don't catch ME bragging....do ya? No! Beacause I'm too busy diving at the white sandy beaches near my house....heheheheh :tease:
Cheers Fresh Water ears,
Ther can be only one,
The Gasman

Thanks everyone,

Oh yes, I am a proud dad! Now if I can just get the daughter off of her butt... But they don't make "Goth" dive gear! Go figure!!!

Jules, I have been on a few differenct boats, and I got the impression that Capt Jim, was not just after the money. I liked him! AND since the pictures of my son's Science Fair Project just didn't come out (DARN the bad luck), his mother has decided that we must go out again!!!

:tease:

Pete,

What a shame, having someone tell you "well... you HAVE TO go diving for the sake of science." All I hear is "You're going diving AGAIN?"

Good luck getting favorable weather for Sunday!

Julie

Its a cross I bear well, thank goodness!

Hey Deep Sea... ya shoulda tried Lake ALice, if you wanted crocadillians in your immediate vicinity...

:tease:

Congrats to your son. How old is he? Let's see, the closest part of the ocean to you, would be Daytona, right? Is that where he dove?
Anyway, fill us in the the dive details.
My boys, as you probably know, will do their first ocean dives in 20 more days. I can't wait to under water with them, and show them Cozumel, and Cayman.
This is one of the best things we can share with our kids. Don't you think?
PS. Glad to hear your daughter is next!

Glad you took the salt-water plunge. My son and I took our first dives together 4 years ago, he was 12 and I was 41. Our cert. dives were freshwater in Nebraska, yes, we dive in Nebraska, but our first ocean dives were in Cozumel and Little Cayman. The video of my son and I at 50 feet down is one I will keep forever, and the image of the barracuda swimming right under my son is vividly etched in my mind. Enjoy the time with your child, it ends far too soon!

Back
Top Bottom