My stroke story

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pat, I am so glad that you are alive! Thanks for sharing this.

What is the future prognosis?

Wow, just wow! So glad you are better and recovering. Thanks for sharing your ordeal with us.
Are you gonna grow your hair back or just shave the rest? That scar will make you look like one BAMF! :wink:

I'm so glad you're okay, and really appreciate you posting your story. Any of us would be in denial over something like this and thanks to you, maybe some of us, in a future time of need, will be a little quicker to act and therefore minimize the damage.

Note to self: Don't have a stroke. I can't get health insurance and don't have $400K. Wow.

Wow, glad it worked out for you. But for the grace of God go I. I'm glad you are ok.

Glad you are better. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

My prognosis is ideal; I can already do everything I used to do except dive (submerge the incision area) and I should be doing that in the next week once its closed up all the way. Since the AVM is removed I am at no more risk than the next healthy 33 year old. My blood pressure was then and is now 110/60 def not a factor, see also it bled while I was asleep and during a massage!! I do still have little spots in my field of vision that are effectively blind but I don't really know they are there . For example I read a clock at night while I'm watching Conan and it reads "0:33" Fortunately I know I'm just missing the "1" and its really 10:33, if I change my focus to the edge of the cable box uinstead of the center of it I can clearly see all the numbers. This is pretty essential, especially when looking at price tags!!!!!! But those "holes" are getting smaller and may even go all the way back to normal over the next year. They ar ecertainly manageable at this time and I don't feel handicapped, I just take a split sec longer before I pull out in traffic.

Thanks everyone for all the prayers, thoughts and general positive energy!!!

so you still sporting that stylish hair do?

Glad you're doing better and will have a complete recovery! Medical advances are freaking amazing now days. just awesome they could pinpoint this exactly and you can recover completely.

Along with all the good things your Dr's did, and the help you received Thank goodness for your girlfriend, your family, your dear friends , and your good humor ... all of them standing beside you

I hope you continue on your healing progress, and thank you for posting your story

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom