MYTH OR FACT - Cressi ....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Regardless, it shouldn't be the deciding factor to purchase. There are advantages and disadvantages to both approaches.

it really does not matter..

....jack of all trades and master of none... comes to mind..

i dont know if i want a dive guy that working with computers, etc.... just like i would not want a computer nerd working on my regulators... totally different skill sets.

lastly as stated they do not make the boards, semiconductors, processors, etc.. they may assemble them but they definitely dont make them.

We had a light vendor that made their fixtures and assembled them by hand. I saw the plant.. very impressive. BUT they got a bad load of sockets. it was nothing that was immediately obvious..
it too several years to get them worked out of the supply chain..

Don't know, don't care. You want to see the opposite of "Stamp our name on it and call it good", look at something like a Shearwater, a Liquivision, or maybe a HW...not a Cressi, which is massproduced regardless of whether it's all under the same giant roof or not.

Even Shearwater has to buy components from somewhere (fantastic computers). Gone are the days of the old computer making genius whittling away in his attic and producing one nice instrument after a couple weeks of crafting.

But I will say there is a significant difference between companies that stamp their name on products they choose at trade shows, versus ones that conceive of and *design* in house. American Underwater Products does a lot of this and I've always been a big fan of Oceanic computers for Rec Diving. Shearwater for tech all the way.

Don't know, don't care. You want to see the opposite of "Stamp our name on it and call it good", look at something like a Shearwater, a Liquivision, or maybe a HW...not a Cressi, which is massproduced regardless of whether it's all under the same giant roof or not.
not sure what you mean, maybe that massproduced generates more production errors that small batch production? are you so sure of this? should we talk about how many bacthes of X1 or Xen it took them to fix all the issues? I'd be tempted to state that it's exactly the opposite, massproduction irons out production defects much faster than any small batch production. Shearwater makes exceptional products, but i still get condensation in mine - Liquivision makes really cool stuff, but far from perfection, I had them go dark on me mid-dive more than once.
Much of what you call with disdain mass production might have limited capabilities but they are normally reliable products doing exactly what they advertise over and over again for years. However, if you want to talk about features and cool factor it's an entirely different story.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom