Nabq Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hil71

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Have booked a really cheap trip to Nabq for next week, going with non-diving friend, thought I'd have a couple of day's diving, but as far as I can tell i've picked the wrong location for a diver! Staying at Hotel Grand Azure, anyone got any dive operator tips from that area?
Many thanks -

Quick update - Just got back yesterday, didn't end up doing much diving, but did 3 tanks one day. I ended up diving with Desert Rose Divers' they had a shop at the hotel. Wasn't massively impressed with the staff at the shop, amused by the large no smoking sign on the wall, with 4 staff members smoking under it!! The dive boat, crew, DM's and instructors, were however excellent. The ratio of DM's or instructors to divers was on average 3:1. We were briefed about boat rules and how the day would run straight away, then we were given a dive briefing by our DM, I've never had such a thorough briefing before and felt very confident about the dive. The whole experience was great, shouldn't have done the 3rd dive, I had trouble equalising, so dived shallow. Had to cancel the rest of my diving due to troublesome ear, a little annoyed that they only gave me a 50% refund on the rest of my diving especially as I did go and speak to the dive shop and explain I may not be able to dive in two days time, but I would confirm the day before - I guess they were sticking to the full 24 hour rule! I would use Desert Rose again despite the office staff, as the boat crew really were top notch!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom