Name this?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, here's hoping that you did well on it. Have a great time on the BeachHopper. I love their crew. Very nice people.

RoyN:
I was lucky enough to see a Spanish shawl attacking the tube anemone during my night dive...that was amazing!! :11:

I think what you saw was a Rainbow Nudibranch (Dendronotus iris) which attacks
the tube anemones. They are up to about 8" and various (hence "rainbow") pastel
colors.

Spanish Shawls are small (to about 2"), eat hydroids (and occasionally something else,
but I can't remember what), and are bright purple with orange tips.

Chuck

I <heart> Spanish Shawls. Saw my first one in the Channel Islands. I was so happy to see one - checked that off my list. :)

Thanks for helping me ID that little nudibranch Chuck, I need to go back to reading the fish book again.

Anyways, the Beach Hopper 2 trip is not only my special day to relax, but it will be my 50th dive. :)

One of the cerianthid anemones.

RoyN:
Anyways, the Beach Hopper 2 trip is not only my special day to relax, but it will be my 50th dive. :)
<<< AWESOME >>> Congrats Roy

Bubba Humperdink. :D

the K

sarita75:
<<< AWESOME >>> Congrats Roy

Hmmm, I was hoping to make the 75th dive or 100th at least. Not too many interesting things on the surface world here...

How do you afford to 1) live in SF 2) all you diving and 3) drive an MDX (good choice!)? Aren't you suppose to be a poor starving student. :rofl3: I couldn't afford diving when I was in college. Now that I work - I can barely afford it due to house payments, student loans, and kids... *sigh*

RoyN:
I already did my math exam yesterday :). Now its time to prepare for Point Lobos valid the Beach Hopper 2 on Saturday :D. Only thing is I'm still waiting for my Chameleon mask and my new vortex V-16 fins.

Minh,

I don't live in San Francisco (can't stand the crowded areas!), I commute by bart and muni to USF from Fremont station. I get Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off from school too so that makes up for the diving days :D. And since I found out my girlfriend decided to go out with someone else, more time for diving instead of sitting in movie theater watching what she likes or going to a resturant that shes but I hate and that frees up more time for me :D. Plus the MDX is actually my mom's car so I don't own anything, haven't bought a car yet :(, probably my new car will either be the 4runner or Pilot. Plus I work in the library at the school and all I do is re-shelve the books every 2 hours and study, and the best part is I get paid for it too :rolf3:. Thats how I survive, not really a starving student...yet :11:, plus I save money, still leech off my parents, get free food, and other stuff. Oh, I get to borrow either my mom's car or dad's car to go down to Monterey too...:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom