Nanaimo Wreck Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmarshall

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm sure everyone knows that the wrecks off Nanaimo are a blast and that Diver's Choice charters is the best, but I just have to say it again. A group of 8 of us from Seattle went up this past weekend. Vis was 60-80 feet. Did Snake Island Wall (go left - much better)and Gabriola Bluffs as well. Exceptional trip.

We did three days with Diver's Choice a couple of years ago. I'd love to get back up there. That's SUCH a nice boat (and the world's best ladder!) and the crew are great. It's a wonderful boat to dive off in the winter, too, with the gear-up area enclosed and heated.

I was up there two weekends ago and also dove with Diver's Choice... Great operation and great diving. Air and nitrox fills on board. I can't wait to go back.

I really like Diver's Choice, too and have been out with them on a couple of occasions. In fact, I've been trying to reach Ken for a couple weeks and despite leaving repeated voice mails and sending them an email, no one has contacted me.

Anyone know if they're away or something???

I'm heading to the island this weekend for two days of diving if anyone:

A.) Would like to join me somewhere in particular (I'm thinking Madrona Point on one day something else)

B.) Knows where I should go.

I'd like to bring my 3 steel 72s and do 3 dives at site A (wherever) and then drop my tanks off to get filled at a LDS, then on Sunday do 3 more dives somewhere. At least one day I'd like to do Madrona Point again as I liked it and did only get to dive it once (sprained my ankle there).

Pointers? Joiners?

Back
Top Bottom