Nasty Gram From Iart Hq

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This post and the replies to it have been split off from the thread Cave Ccr Student Dies At Blue Grotto Today since they only derail the purpose of the A&I thread.

Storker
SB Moderator

I got a nasty gram from @IART HQ today:
Dear Mr. DocNet or what every YOUR clear name is

IART HQ would like to inform you that we started a lawsuit again you and the holder(s) of scubaboard referring to that thread above and your incrimination against an IART instructor without any facts, permission and knowledge.

1. Who gave you the permission to write clear names and „facts"? Only a handful involved people can do that. At first the divers (instructor and students), than the family, than the agency and last but not least the judicial order. Nobody of these group of people gave you any permission.
2. These accident is under investigation and YOU are talking about "facts" of people they were involved or knowing something. Did you have spoken personal with someone of the group of people on top? Do you saw the blind mask and did you turn off the vales? Did you saw the HUD and/or the Rebreather? Do you know why she descent a second time after the victim was on the surface? Do you know what was happen with the equipment? All of these question you have to answer with NO Sir in a courtroom.

I have spoken yesterday personally with the instructor and the other student and what she reported to the police officers. That is the opposite of what YOU have written as "facts" in your forum.

That is our first and LAST call! We IART HQ, the instrructor, the second student and the families behind request you to delete ALL of the clear names, your second hand information, links to the training agency and speculation of what could be done. My lawyer and I expect the confirmation of operation till today GMT 11pm

Individual opinion.
It is disrespectful to all involved people to write something without any investigation facts.
How do you feel if you get informed via social medias that your son/daughter died in the US before someone of the public authorities get in touch with you!

I, Christoph Martin Ullmann and President of IART, making a promise to you! If the instructor something happens I will make you personal responsible for that with all of force and hardness of the law. I am not as far away as you believe because IART has a permanent residence in the US with the company name IART-US Ltd. and I have an american passport as well.
Our business email address is:

headquarter@iart.de

I hope of your collaboration.

Respectfully

IART HQ
Ullmann
President

What do you guys think about these kinds of threats?

FWIW, if there are any facts that are wrong, we welcome, more than welcome any corrections. Don't be shy. We can't be more open than that and we're certain that information like this will help save lives in the long run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shameful, on the part of @IART HQ.

Also, it seems odd that a German company is threatening an American about an accident that occurred in America, and is being discussed on an American forum. They may not be familiar with our bill of rights.

Why not use a nerd?
I really like the two Petrel 2s.
Pete, I think you should redact part of that pm
Which part? It's a threat. I don't take kindly to threats. People want to bully us into suppressing the truth.

Edit=> That was a good catch. I agree and removed that part. Thanks for seeing something I didn't.

If that is indeed IART HQ, which I assume it is, that makes it yet another agency I will not support in any way... I'm running out of solutions to find an instructor, dammit!

I got a nasty gram from @IART HQ today:

Very poor form, definitely a threat, poorly written, and for some reason, I suspect it it is not from whom it is purported to be.

:idk:

poorly written,
I'll give them a pass on that. English is probably not their native language. My MO when threatened is to publish the threat. Unfortunately, he shared some personal details about another person that he probably should not have. I have redacted that part of his threat as they were not a part of a public incident.

I wonder what would happen if someone contacted the actual IART Headquarters?

Europe has some pretty strong laws against usurping someone's identity, especially when used to make threats.

I'll give them a pass on that. English is probably not their native language. My MO when threatened is to publish the threat. Unfortunately, he shared some personal details about another person that he probably should not have. I have redacted that part of his threat as they were not a part of a public incident.

I assure you that the Europeans are MUCH better English writers than are most Americans. The spelling errors would not be tolerated. Ergo, I do not believe @IART HQ is actually representing the IART.

IMO, and my experience.

Back
Top Bottom