NAUI C-Card with no photo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My NAUII cards have no photos They do however use your ssn for user id. Not a great idea but is may be as good as a picture.

That's an old practice that is no longer in use

I don't have my pic on any of my c-cards and I have NEVER had an issue at all during my decades of diving all over the world.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yet you argued and YOU wouldn't accept the fact that my NAUI Instructor card was #A-27- Issued at the very beginning of NAUI 54 years ago in 1960,

To quote you "No one has a NAUI instructor card with that low of a number"

Well I do an and about five others, the lowest number belonging to Harry Vetter, NAUI Instructor #4 but according to you "No one has a NAUI instructor card with that low of a number"

Certainly discouraging to realize that I have a NAUI Instructor card that has been rejected by the current "NAUI leader ship " yet when I have the necessity of presenting my card it and I been accepted and revered by dive operator's all over the world

SDM
LA CO, NAUI, PADI etc Instructor

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yet you argued and YOU wouldn't accept the fact that my NAUI Instructor card was #A-27- Issued at the very beginning of NAUI 54 years ago in 1960,

To quote you "No one has a NAUI instructor card with that low of a number"

Well I do an and about five others, the lowest number belonging to Harry Vetter, NAUI Instructor #4 but according to you "No one has a NAUI instructor card with that low of a number"

Certainly discouraging to realize that I have a NAUI Instructor card that has been rejected by the current "NAUI leader ship " yet when I have the necessity of presenting my card it and I been accepted and revered by dive operator's all over the world

SDM

I did??? When? I don't remember at all arguing with you. Please remind me. I know one NAUI Instructor who had number A-13 but I believe that he died not too long ago.

You have your head wrapped up and in the sand too long..

After I returned from NAUI's fiftieth anniversary celebration at NAUI's HQ Jacksonville,(which I don't recall you attending ) I contacted you regarding providing possible historical insight to the NAUI restricted thread.

You adamantly and unilaterally denied me access to the restricted thread and questioned my interest in NAUI questioning my NAUI Number... You indicated NO ONE in NAUI had a number that low.

Then exchange went on for several weeks via PMs on this board.

I, and I suspect others, sincerely hope you are not representative of the present and future NAUI leadership

SDM

Last edited:
You have your head wrapped up and in the sand too long..

After I returned from NAUI's fiftieth anniversary celebration at NAUI's HQ Jacksonville,(which I don't recall you attending ) I contacted you regarding providing possible historical insight to the NAUI restricted thread.

You adamantly and unilaterally denied me access to the restricted thread and questioned my interest in NAUI questioning my NAUI Number... You indicated NO ONE in NAUI had a number that low.

Then exchange went on for several weeks via PMs on this board.

I, and I suspect others, sincerely hope you are not representative of the present and future NAUI leadership

SDM

I can't find any correspondence with you in my PM file at all. Please send me a copy of what you are claiming.

I also checked your NAUI instructor number with NAUI and they list you as "Inactive" as not having voting rights and ineligible for admission to the NAUI Instructor private forum.

Member Number27
Membership Origination8/23/1963
Membership Expiration12/31/1963
Membership StatusInactive
Membership TypeInstructor

It would have been far more professional of you to talk about this matter privately and provide any documentation you have to substantiate your claims instead of resorting to such twisted argument in public. I don't decide what numbers are valid or not, I copy whatever information the applicant sends me and check with NAUI regarding their validity and status. Everything done is based on matching the information you supply with NAUI's records, nothing is done based on personal opinion or mood.

You are not only arrogant you are also have a very limited memory...

Re: sam miller would like to join the group: NAUI Member

June 6th, 2011 09:17 AM
pm_replied.png

June 5th, 2011 07:36 PM
pm_replied.png

June 5th, 2011 03:35 PM
pm_replied.png

June 5th, 2011 11:56 AM
pm_replied.png

June 3rd, 2011 08:35 AM

Perhaps I should contact Jim..

SDM

You are talking about something that happened over 3 years ago??

I can't access any of the links you list above BTW.

According to NAUI's online records, you aren't a NAUI instructor with voting rights (active or sustaining) and thus you can't access the forum. Fix your status with NAUI first and then talk.

(I am not going to respond to your most unprofessional attitude here BTW. You want to be a jerk, you have the right to be a jerk no problem.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yet when I have the necessity of presenting my card it and I been accepted and revered by dive operator's all over the world

SDM

When I hit the word revered, I threw up in my mouth just a little.

---------- Post added December 8th, 2014 at 07:56 PM ----------

Perhaps I should contact Jim..

SDM

I think you should. Bothering the President of NAUI over your lack of access to a subsection of a portion of a internet board that you are not currently credentialed to be part of is really what his position was created for. You're on a first name basis as your post suggests. If he reveres you as much as you do, this is a no brainer. Seriously a no brainer Sam...

Last edited:
I have a customer concerned that his NAUI AOW C-card was mailed to him with no photo.

My NAUI assistant instructor card was mailed to me with no photo. All my CMAS, IANTD, PSAI and VISA cards came with no photo. People have mostly been interested in the last one. No-one is interested in the picture, they just want the PIN.

The first name I have on my cards (all including VISA) is slightly different from the one registered at the official governmental registries. No problems :)

Remember, it is not an ID - it's a license to cash :D

---------- Post added December 18th, 2014 at 07:46 PM ----------

My OW card (...) the organization no longer exists

here: pure envy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom