Naui intro to tech course $225

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cerich

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
To be held at Alabama Blue Water Adventures Feb 28th- March 1st,2009

The Introduction to Technical Diving Course (Intro to Tech) is designed as a bridge from the recreational diver to an introduction to the rigors and discipline of technical diving, and is a great preparatory course if you are considering technical diver training or interested in streamlining your equipment configuration.

Some specific skills addressed include (but far from limited to):

# Advanced Buoyancy Control
# Gas Management
# Situational Awareness
# Trim
# Gear Configuration and Selection

You will be introduced to dive planning, physics and physiology, decompression, and decompression associated with technical diving. The NAUI Technical Equipment Configuration (NTEC) will also be part of your Intro to Tech course .

The Intro to Tech course is your first step to a whole new world of technical diving!

Must be 18 years of age, have 25 dives, advanced certification and nitrox specialty (any agency).

These will be two full and rewarding days! 4 Open Water Dives (NOT Deco dives) and LOTS of discussion, practice and learning.

Does not include lodging if needed, meals, gas(the kind you breath:wink:, for this course Nitrox 36), park entrance.

Chris Richardson
NAUI #17055

I see this post is older, but are you still running intro tech courses? I’m located in Tuscaloosa and Blue Water is a favorite dive spot of mine.

A whole lot of water has flowed under that bridge in the last (nearly) 15 years.

I shouldn't speak for him, but I am pretty sure Chris has not taught an Intro to Tech class in a while.

I see this post is older, but are you still running intro tech courses? I’m located in Tuscaloosa and Blue Water is a favorite dive spot of mine.
I'm actually in the UAE now for a bit.

A whole lot of water has flowed under that bridge in the last (nearly) 15 years.

I shouldn't speak for him, but I am pretty sure Chris has not taught an Intro to Tech class in a while.
It's been a minute, have taught a few into to tech instructors more recently, but most of my teaching has been cave, PSD and tech.cave instructors the last few years

I appreciate the response! NAUI instructors are few and far between in my neck of the woods and I was excited to see Bluewater mentioned in your original post. That’s pretty awesome you’re in the UAE. There’s a lot of diving in that part of the world I’d like to attempt one day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom